3%
Others (Please state)
6%

Total votes: 35

Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Quills on Wheels »

I didn't get that. I said it wasn't that bad which means it wasn't good but it wasn't as bad as some other games.
And ofcaurse it was better than Sonic Rivals 1. There was finally some voice acting, More characters to select, more levels, more bosses. More everything!
shadowx
Level 1
Level 1

Post by shadowx »

yeah eggman he been there since the first sonic game!
hedgy
Level 1
Level 1

Post by hedgy »

voted eggman because he was always been there. However I love metal sonic as villian too! And I like mephiles but I dont think they have to get mephiles back in a game.
Wayne The Game
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Wayne The Game »

shadowx wrote:yeah eggman he been there since the first sonic game!
Out of curiosity, has Dr. Robotnik always been known as Eggman in the states? I really hate the name Eggman.

For me it has to be metal sonic, from the moment you first meet in Sonic 2 and battle throughout Sonic CD.
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

Wayne The Game wrote:Out of curiosity, has Dr. Robotnik always been known as Eggman in the states? I really hate the name Eggman.
Always Eggman in Japan, started as Robotnik in the west. When Sonic Adventure came along the world was starting to communicate a lot more with one another so to get around the problem SEGA altered his backstory very slightly: His real name was to be Dr. Ivo Robotnik (Grandson of Gerald Robotnik) and his alias is Dr. Eggman, thus, both are now correct in all territories.

It's a similar situation to how Capcom handled Charlie Nash in later editions of Street Fighter. The character was first mentioned in Street Fighter II under the name Charlie in the West and the name Nash in Japan. To fix this Capcom decided to give him the full name Charlie Nash when he became playable in Street Fighter Alpha. Of course the Balrog/Vega/Bison issue has gone to far to be resolved.
Wayne The Game
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Wayne The Game »

Kaito-kun wrote:Always Eggman in Japan, started as Robotnik in the west. When Sonic Adventure came along the world was starting to communicate a lot more with one another so to get around the problem SEGA altered his backstory very slightly: His real name was to be Dr. Ivo Robotnik (Grandson of Gerald Robotnik) and his alias is Dr. Eggman, thus, both are now correct in all territories .
Cheers for that, makes sense.
RWDebara
Level 14
Level 14

Post by RWDebara »

Unforatently the new generation of Sonic fans call him Eggman, I hate the name to.
But yeah it was japan that always called him eggman, if you notice in one level in sonic 2 it shows his name on the side of his ship.
Wayne The Game
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Wayne The Game »

RWDebara wrote:Unforatently the new generation of Sonic fans call him Eggman, I hate the name to.
But yeah it was japan that always called him eggman, if you notice in one level in sonic 2 it shows his name on the side of his ship.
Damn, you just gave me the ammunition to force me to play through Sonic 2 for the 50th time. Next thing you will tell me it's on his ship on sky chase zone.
Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Gavvie »

You mean Wing Fortress Zone? Yeah, it is.
Wayne The Game
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Wayne The Game »

Gavvie wrote:You mean Wing Fortress Zone? Yeah, it is.
Yes and no. You fly past his ship in sky chase zone, so might still get a glimpse then. Either way it's still 98% of the way through the game.