SEGA de-listing Sonic games with low scores

Strictly SEGA related discussion.
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Quills on Wheels »

Well in Australia there is also a preowned shop called "Game Traders".
Well I geuss it isn't much of a big deal but I dont have much time to go to that shop so I wished the games would be at the local games store.
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

If even the publisher (the people who want you to buy the game) are now telling you that the games aren't that good then why are you still bothering to defend them and look for new ways to obtain them? Seems like good riddance to bad rubbish really.
Tru
Level 14
Level 14

Post by Tru »

If they're confident enough with Sonic Colours and upcoming projects, then hopefully this is a positive sign.
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Quills on Wheels »

Kaito-kun wrote:If even the publisher (the people who want you to buy the game) are now telling you that the games aren't that good then why are you still bothering to defend them and look for new ways to obtain them? Seems like good riddance to bad rubbish really.

I am not defending them. It is my right to try the game myself and see how it is. And besides, I dont care if it is awsome or totally Bull Crap, I just love sonic games and I can't stop myself buying them.
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

Biggest sonic fan wrote:It is my right to try the game myself and see how it is.
Well that's fair enough I suppose; everyone's entitled to their judgements, however I was pointing out that when the publisher admits their game isn't worth selling then it's really not a good sign.
Biggest sonic fan wrote:And besides, I don't care if it is awesome or totally Bull Crap, I just love sonic games and I can't stop myself buying them.
That's the more worrying thing. By running around and buying a product just because it has a particular mascot on the cover only leads to companies getting lazy and releasing products of a lower and lower standard because they know people are going to buy them anyway. I doubt anyone want that to happen.

Oh...Wait...It has happened, hasn't it?
RWDebara
Level 14
Level 14

Post by RWDebara »

Kaito-kun wrote:Oh...Wait...It has happened, hasn't it?
What? Nooo, Nooo what gives you that idea? (Sarcasm) >.>
Tru
Level 14
Level 14

Post by Tru »

That was my point in the other thread, that it is our duty as gamers to complain about low quality in order to ensure that quality is delivered *nod*

But Kaito phrased it better :P
Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Gavvie »

I actually can't see what the big deal is here, except with a couple of exceptions - the Rush games.

If the Rush games are to be deleted, then SEGA are actually removing two of the best Sonic games in recent history. The rest I don't mind seeing the back of, but those two?

It also explains why Sonic 06 was removed from the 360s Games on Demand service.
Kellydreamcast
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Kellydreamcast »

RWDebara wrote:On SEGA news site and Sonic sites (SEGABits,Sonic Stadium, etc.) just found info that supposedly SEGA is de-listing Sonic games with "average to low scores".

(im sure not all these games are out but just to give you an idea if this is true)

Few Links:
http://www.mcvuk.com/news/41217/Sub-sta ... -de-listed

http://www.segabits.com/?p=4766

http://www.sonicstadium.org/news/2010/1 ... om-retail/

Anyway don't know what to make of this.
Your thoughts?

Wow, has SEGA just had a brain-wave? Finally they are getting rid of those games I dare not call part of the Sonic the Hedgehog franchise!
Gonic
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Gonic »

But sadly they are. Though unleashed was very enjoyable. If it wasn't fir the games sega are de listing. We wouldn't have Sonic 4. So they sorta did us a favour. My local game shops have tons of sonic game's preowned so people actually interested can pick the ones listed up for a good price.