'Sonic Fan's aren't hard to please' Says Sega.

Strictly SEGA related discussion.
Gonic
Level 15
Level 15

'Sonic Fan's aren't hard to please' Says Sega.

Post by Gonic »

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/vi ... -to-Please

Yeah, I dunno what to say. What do you guys think?
gerbelbey
Level 2
Level 2

Post by gerbelbey »

Fans? how can you call some one a fan when all they like to do is bitch and moan about tiny "petty" little problems like "oh the eyes ain't the right colour so it carnt be a classic sonic game" or "the physics ain't quite there if only they spent an extra (enter specified time period here) it would be perfect" PHYSICS!?!? physics are the least of the worries i think a speedy blue hedgehog is the first of your worries there mate :) . yeah i haven't heard any bad word said about any other recent releases, lets take Halo: reach for example probably the only bad words i have heard said about it were by Mr "Yhatzee" from zero punctuation. but hasn't any body seen roosterteeth's Halo:reach fails one poor guy gets flung half way across the stage because of a tank landing on there head :wacko: . now I'm not a physics person but i defiantly know that heavy object fall on you, you get squished not launched across the room :mad: . but still no one is complaining about the physics there.
now a true sonic fan would enjoy the game for what it is not for the enjoyment of nit picking then going bloging to all your mates saying it complete and utter bull S**t. :mad:
say i enjoyed "06" for the most part and i even have to say that most of it was broken but i don't go complaining i may go and poke fun now and then for a bit of comedy. god i wouldnt mind playing a game where the forgot to add the rest of the body and just roled round as his head. :biggrin:
sonic team have learned from the mistakes for example if it wasn't for "06" we wouldn't have unleashed, and secret rings >> black knight :unsure:
so i would say that true sonic fans arnt hard to please because we like the game for what it is
but for the "fans" yeah keep on complaining but SEGA dont do "fan" service games think as them as crappy under aged free external game testers :) and just pick up on what there saying. but dont go giving them all the attention like the little kids they are. :mad:
so David Corless is right "sonic fans" arnt hard to please but the "fans" are

End of the little rant "sorry everybody" :blink:
coolman2424
Level 3
Level 3

Post by coolman2424 »

well gerbelbey you said what we where all thinking(well me at least)
as long as, the game play is good,the story is not boring,the music is epic and its not too glitchy ill like the game. i know i wont mone and bitch bout some thing as stupid as an eye colour :blink:
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\My Pictures\move\art\Nrestsew2b.jpg
ShadowPhantom
level 11
level 11

Post by ShadowPhantom »

I'm with you there. You're not a fan if all you do is complain about the game. Heck, I even enjoyed '06 to an extent. I heard a lot of people complaining that Sonic 4 isn't Sonic 4 becuase Sonic's eyes are green and his shoes have buckles. Bullcrap! That has no effect on the gameplay or the plot so it doesn't matter!
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Quills on Wheels »

These are Stupid excuses! :mad: "Sonic's eye color isn't right" GIVE ME A BREAK! These people aren't even proper sonic fans. They Just want to complane and ruin it for the other hardcore sonic fans that have waited so long for the game.
Personally I coun't myself as a hardcore sonic fan and believe me, not even once, I have complained about a Sonic game!
For Excample, Sonic and the black knight, I LOVE IT! I just love the sword fighting and it still has that sence of fast speed that a sonic game needs. I have finished it twice now! TWICE! :biggrin: In reviews, they have said that SATBK has bad sword fighting and it's non iresponsive to the wii remote and performes different combos and will make your arm hurt. TO HELL WITH THAT! :mad: I dont give a S**T that it's iresponsive. The point is to kill those monsters and I dont care if your arm hurts. Dont you think your fingures hurt when you play to much on any other console remote when you press the bottons to fast and to hard?
Another excample, Sonic Unleashed. I love that game too. I got all S ranks on both day and night stages. I love the werehog too. I dont know why but the werehog isn't that bad. He actually looks cool. If only those shoes were used on another character (Maybe knuckles).
I love Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity too. The game is soo good. It is the best racing game I have ever played with all those story modes and missions. and it is also fan multiplayer. I have unlucked every single character in that game (GO SUPER SONIC! :biggrin: ). Well I might have one more left but it's just imposible to unluck him. Even harder than super sonic!
Now anyway, going back on topic, I totally agree with what all of you people say and what it's saying on that page.
We hardcore fans are passionate and we like sonic no matter what. It's just those stupid "People" (Not sonic fans!) who want to ruin it for everybody else.

Sorry for that much writing.
crippenstation
Level 9
Level 9

Post by crippenstation »

It's OK to not like the Jap art, but yeah, you're taking it way too seriously if your boycott is lasting this long for this reason alone. IT'S ENTERTAINMENT! Nothing more! Chill, guys!

As for me, I didn't like it at first, but I've grown to like it even more so than the original artwork. It's well done, so in the end it's just a matter of preference.
Beware of your mind as it proves you wrong...
Tru
Level 14
Level 14

Post by Tru »

There is no such thing as a proper or real fan, that just speaks of superiority.

Also, it's okay to complain about bad Sonic games. Sonic 06 had some good points in it, and I got some enjoyment out of it, but yes, it was bugged to Hell and back. It needed a lot fixing with the design, the programming, etc. A lot of 3D Sonic games have had similar probvloems, and yes, people have complained. It's a consumer's right to complain if a product does not deliver, but also it is a gamer's duty to point out these flaws, preferably in a constructive way, so that game companies can improve.

Everyone else that is complaining about superficial things are either trolling or need to grow up.
Gonic
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Gonic »

I think I already ranted about this on RadioSEGA and fastfeet media. Sonic 'fans' are the worst if you ask me. Worse then console/pc fanboys. Face it SEGA you could make the perfect sonic game and they will find something to complain about.
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Quills on Wheels »

^Are you saying that I am a disgrace for sonic? I never even complayned once about a sonic game.
Gonic
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Gonic »

Im sorry but when did i say YOU personally were a disgrace to the sonic community? There's a difference between fans and 'fans'.

Read this and maybe you will understand what i mean when i say 'Fans':
http://www.fastfeetmedia.net/opinion/mi ... -to-bug-me