Your Old Skool Sonic Memories

Strictly SEGA related discussion.
Tru
Level 14
Level 14

Your Old Skool Sonic Memories

Post by Tru »

Since Sonic 4 is out this Wednesday, I thought it would be nice to reminisce the good old days of pre-3D Sonic, how you discovered the games, which was your favourite, etc etc.

I pretty much grew up with Sonic on the Mega Drive and have many loving memories of playing through the games, my favourite of which was Sonic 3, especially Sonic 3 & Knuckles, which was such an awesome game combined.

My first Sonic game was Sonic 1 on the Master System, then when I discovered the Mega Drive version, there was no going back. I remember the day I completed Sonic 2. I used to play Sonic 3 co-op with a friend who was Tails, and we used to imagine we were Sonic and Tails when we played outside :blush:

I was a big fan of Knuckles Chaotix when that came out too, fun game. I tracked down the mythical Sega Bus one day just so I could play it, but they didn't have it :(

Wanna share your memories?
richarddavies
Level 14
Level 14

Post by richarddavies »

I remember coming doen on my birthday as a kid and opening my mega drive that come bundled with Sonic 1 and giving it a quick blast before I had to go school. That was a long day at school before I had could go back home and play it. I also remember going in Rumblelows the week Sonic 2 came out and blasting through the first level there. I remember my mum going "Are you sure you want it? Looks just like the first one." Ahh how little mams know.
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Quills on Wheels »

ahh... I remember the time when my uncle brouth me a SEGA Genesis and it was bondeled with Sonic 1. I played all the time, none stop. It was never to boring for me. I remember when I finally got to labyrinth zone and I was stuck in the water and I didn't knew what to do. Like sonic, I didn't like the water and I couldn't bare to see Sonic drown, so I turned of the Genesis and never played it again.... -_-
.... Untill now! :biggrin: With my Sonic Mega Collection Plus for the PS2, and the awsome ability to save, I managed to finish this game once and for all!!! :lol:

I remember another time when I tryed to install my old CD of SADX on my computer and it didn't work. I was so sad that I couldn't play that awsome game anymore. That night (Or one of those nights...), I had a dream of me being sonic (and for some reason, Big) and collecting all these green and red chaos emeralds, and than_ BAM! "Darling! Wake up! You have to go to school!" My mom called at me and I never managed to see the end of that dream... -_-

Another time I remember! After months of desperation of not being able to play SADX (I had finished the game about 5 time back than and still I wanted to play again! :biggrin: ), My dad finally managed to install the game on the computer. That day, we had a party and everybody was asking where was I? All the time I was in my room, Playing Sonic Adventure DX and I finished Sonic's story and started with tails'.

Ah... good times... Yep, yep! :blush:
Shadid

Post by Shadid »

When I was 2-3 years old, I remember watching my brothers playing Sonic 1. I used to jump and shout when I saw Sonic on screen. It was fun!

And like Capn, when I was 4 years old, my time was mostly spent playing Sonic 3 and Sonic & Knuckles on Lock-On. It was just an amazing experience. Even now I still play it in co-op with my brothers, which is crazy fun in Marble Garden. :P

When I got Sonic Mega Collection Plus, though, it all changed. Sonic 2 became my all-time favourite, second to Sonic 3 & Knuckles, and I still play it until today. I was even amazed I made it with all emeralds on Emerald Hill. ^__^

And now, that childhood will be back on Sonic 4. This is seriously growing on me, and I just can't wait!
I live here now!
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

Defeating Doctor Robotnik at the end of the Master system version of Sonic 1 when I was 6; thus making it the first game I had ever completed.
Shockerbey
level 11
level 11

Post by Shockerbey »

the constant badoom of sonic dying but rarely hearing the glum music of game over on sonic (16 bit) haunting me as a child
Gonic
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Gonic »

Sonic 1: The music of Green Hill Zone (I was bout 1 at the time)
Sonic 2: Turning into super sonic
Sonic 3: This was the first sonic game i finshed (Like i said i was really young)
Sonic & Knuckles: Opening a present on my 6th i think it was and this was the game I got.

I have a Sonic teddy which is bout 3 months younger then me. Sonic will probblay be in my memory til the day i die
7Force
Level 10
Level 10

Post by 7Force »

i have many.

playing sonic 1 on my brand spanking new Mega Drive on the xmas of 1991.
having 2 player races on Sonic 2.
reading Sonic the Comic.
Watching AOSTH and SatAM.
Having the Sonic sticker album and swapping stickers with other kids in my school to finish it.
Finding a SEGASonic arcade cab in a arcade in Croydon (sadly closed).
going to SEGA World in the troc and finding they have a Sonic the Fighter cab and playing it with mates.
seeing screenshots of Sonic Adventure for the first time.
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Quills on Wheels »

Gonic wrote:Sonic will probblay be in my memory til the day i die

Me too. I will probebly tell them to burry a Sonic teddy, with me, in my grave yard.
derkasan
Level 2
Level 2

Post by derkasan »

Sonic the Hedgehog was actually my first game. Touching, I know!

They had a kiosk at Blockbuster (movie rental place), and I kept dying at that spiked rotating thorny wheel. Ah, youth!