Wow, is EA desperate to sell their golf title?

Non-SEGA? Shove your general gaming posts in here...
crippenstation
Level 9
Level 9

Wow, is EA desperate to sell their golf title?

Post by crippenstation »

EA isn't really emphasizing Tiger Woods as much in the past although he is in the main ad. Interestingly, he is absent in the ad specifically for the PlayStation Move version. Even more interesting is who they got instead. Compare, contrast, and react!

Normal ad: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSTZI_Z3gaU
PlayStation Move version: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YkPtWUohaA

I've also noticed that Tiger is not the only golfer on the game's cover either. Easily noticeable at the end of the PlayStation Move one.
Beware of your mind as it proves you wrong...
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

Kevin Butler > Tiger Woods.
Shockerbey
level 11
level 11

Post by Shockerbey »

sure i reckon thats why rory is on the cover now cause of tigers damaged rep
Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Gavvie »

The official line on Rory being on the cover was to emphasize the addition of the Ryder Cup license to the main game mode, as it's never been in the game before. Makes sense if you ask me, although how much of it is actual truth is another matter entirely.
Shockerbey
level 11
level 11

Post by Shockerbey »

Gavvie wrote:The official line on Rory being on the cover was to emphasize the addition of the Ryder Cup license to the main game mode, as it's never been in the game before. Makes sense if you ask me, although how much of it is actual truth is another matter entirely.
out of 11 players, he is the most like by americans. see they coulda picked anyone like Graeme or anyone
Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Gavvie »

Yeah, but you still need a star name to sell the game, don't you? Otherwise it could've been anybody who nobody's particularly heard of.

For instance, could you imagine a FIFA game where the cover stars played for Accrington Stanley, Forest Green Rovers and Rushden & Diamonds?
Shockerbey
level 11
level 11

Post by Shockerbey »

Gavvie wrote:Yeah, but you still need a star name to sell the game, don't you? Otherwise it could've been anybody who nobody's particularly heard of.

For instance, could you imagine a FIFA game where the cover stars played for Accrington Stanley, Forest Green Rovers and Rushden & Diamonds?
exactly and thats the point cause tigers gonna lose number 1 status and after the whole affair thing his public image is rlly bad which is y rory is on cause he is high in the rankings his popular and his rep is clean bar a bad haircut and being rlly small
INeedFruit
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by INeedFruit »

The difference between to the two ad's I think is pretty obvious. The first one (PGA tour) is aimed at an established player base. The Move advert has more emphasis on family and trying to push that PS3 under the family TV (good luck with that one!)

As far as Mr Tiger Woods Reputation goes, I think the Ryder Cup was an opportune moment to move the emphasis off him and onto the US team in general. But his name still carries weight and the game itself still stand as a great golf sim. I haven't actually played any but I've heard good stuff...
Host of ClubSEGA - A show about the arcade scene and SEGA arcade games.
Wednesday at 8pm UK/WET - 9pm CEST- 3pm EST - 12pm PST
crippenstation
Level 9
Level 9

Post by crippenstation »

i need fruit wrote:The difference between to the two ad's I think is pretty obvious. The first one (PGA tour) is aimed at an established player base. The Move advert has more emphasis on family and trying to push that PS3 under the family TV (good luck with that one!)

As far as Mr Tiger Woods Reputation goes, I think the Ryder Cup was an opportune moment to move the emphasis off him and onto the US team in general. But his name still carries weight and the game itself still stand as a great golf sim. I haven't actually played any but I've heard good stuff...
First off, I actually do play with my dad every once and a while usually playing Wii Sports (I only have two Wii games... three if you include one borrowed title), Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2003 (Yeah, it's old but it's still fun!), mini-games in Madden NFL 2005 Collector's Edition, NBA 09 The Inside, and the Sonic Mega Collection Plus. Good times. Family game night with an entertainment system CAN work! Plus, you can always pop in a movie afterwards!

It's also cool that the Ryder Cup is 'in the game' pardon the pun. I was listening to Scott Van Pelt a few weeks ago and he said that he believes that the Ryder Cup is potentially the most underrated event in sports. I think he's right. This year, I looked forward to catching a little bit of it, but day 1 I had to work, day 2 there was some good college football on (plus TV tape delayed it), and day 3 I was at church. I did catch a little bit of it on the radio, but it's not the same. Bummer, huh? At least I saved myself the misery from watching the US lose.

OK, I'm rambling - back to subject. Where was I? Oh yeah, the game. Anyway, it's terrific it's there for people to play through an underrated event and can be a party game for golf enthusiasts. And ineedfruit, the golf series is a lot of fun and worth checking out. And don't take my word for it!

Finally, that was Rory on the cover? How did I not recognize him?!? I guess I listen to golf more often than I watch it...
Beware of your mind as it proves you wrong...