What ever happened to JSRF?

Strictly SEGA related discussion.
blackheart08
Level 1
Level 1

What ever happened to JSRF?

Post by blackheart08 »

After Jet Set Radio Future, I haven't heard from that series since. Will they be making a new one? That was really my favorite XBOX game.
richarddavies
Level 14
Level 14

Post by richarddavies »

I don't think it set the charts alight and it just kind of fizzled out. Your right though it was a great game from what little I remember of it. I've not played future since it first came out. I might have to grab it off ebay if it's not too expensive.
Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Gavvie »

Yeah, I want Jet Set Radio Future again as well. Not entirely sure why I sold it in the first place...oh yeah, it was to fund my 360 and wasn't BC at the time.

I want it back :(
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

The developers being dead doesn't help much. Rayne posted an interesting thread about it here.
RWDebara
Level 14
Level 14

Post by RWDebara »

their was a plan for a new one for the wii a few years back already (It had a thread before the forum wipeout) but it didnt work out im guessing. i don't think SEGA will do it because the second one did poorly even though it was great.
Tru
Level 14
Level 14

Post by Tru »

I loved JSRF! I remember it was supposed to be launched with the Xbox on day one, but it got delayed I think? That's if my memory is correct. It was one of the reasons why we bought an Xbox in the first place.

I generally prefer the soundtrack to Future than the original as well.

I don't have it now, but I still keep an eye out for it when going around game shops that sell Xbox games. One day I'll get lucky ;)
Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Gavvie »

^ If you find two could you do me a favour? :D
Killer French Bread
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Killer French Bread »

Did it sell badly? I knew loads of people that had it because it came with the console. It was like the Altered Beast of the xbox for a while.
Tic Tac, sir?
sonicfanRICH
Level 13
Level 13

Post by sonicfanRICH »

I got the combo pack that also comes with Sega GT 2002. Only $1 from Gamestop. No idea why it was so cheap but great deal. JSRF by itself sells for a bit more.
ImageImage
RWDebara
Level 14
Level 14

Post by RWDebara »

Killer French Bread wrote:Did it sell badly? I knew loads of people that had it because it came with the console. It was like the Altered Beast of the xbox for a while.
Yeah it sold poorly even though it got great reviews. It even won an award for "the most unfairly ignored game".