Space Channel 5 Part 2 and Sega Bass Fishing HD XBLA/PSN

Strictly SEGA related discussion.
richarddavies
Level 14
Level 14

Space Channel 5 Part 2 and Sega Bass Fishing HD XBLA/PSN

Post by richarddavies »

Sega have announced there next lot of Dreamcast games coming to XBLA/PSN with Sega bass fishing and Space channel 5 part 2. Both coming in early 2011.

What do you think? Personally there's other games i'd rather see first than Sega bass but i've never played Space channel 5 part 2 so i'll be giving that a whirl.
Awinnerwasyou
News Team
News Team

Post by Awinnerwasyou »

Same. Never did play either SC5 game, so I'll definitley be checking that out. I've heard good things about Sega Bass Fishing (Or it might have been the arcade version, I don't know...), but it's not something I'm too interested in. Maybe I'll download the trial when it come out and see what it's like...
RWDebara
Level 14
Level 14

Post by RWDebara »

Hopefully their next game is Jet Grind Radio
ResidentSD
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by ResidentSD »

These are decent announcements I guess (especially as I haven't played either game) but I have a bone to pick with AAUK on Sunday night.

The following tweet was posted on the @SEGA Twitter account:
"SEGA Europe Blog: Cast Chu Chu Chu, Bass Chu Chu! (Or In Other Words, New Dreamcast Digital Titles Announced): Goo... http://bit.ly/9Ioe6F"
I saw the word Dreamcast and the many uses of the word Chu and thought "OH MY GOD!!!! CHU CHU ROCKET IS COMING!!!! AHHHHH!!" (or something like that.... :unsure :) so I was very disappointed when I read the actually article!

Oh well - maybe in the next batch eh?
Tru
Level 14
Level 14

Post by Tru »

I had a similar reaction as well, SD :(

They're good games, well, Space Channel 5 will be welcomed more I'm sure, but we're still missing the really killer titles that people are asking for, such as JSR.
richarddavies
Level 14
Level 14

Post by richarddavies »

I just find it strange how when Sega aannounced they were releasing Dreamy games on the current consoles there's been alot of talk on Sega sites from fans about what they'd like to see and it seems like Sega have read through it all and picked the two games that were mentioned the least just to be cocks. Maybe there just trying to make us wait before they start releasing the good stuff.....hopefully.
Tru
Level 14
Level 14

Post by Tru »

Haha, well, that's one way to describe it :P
Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Gavvie »

I dunno why, but when I saw SC5.2, I thought "but that's a PS2 game..." Lol, completely forgot that the PS2 version was a port of the DC game XD

Still, SEGA Bass Fishing COULD be fun...who am I kidding, it's gonna be boring as old farts. I do hope I get a code for that, I'd love to actually try and review it.
richarddavies
Level 14
Level 14

Post by richarddavies »

At a guess with bass fishing maybe there bringing it out with Kinect and move support? That's the only reason I could think to even release it nowadays.
Spawn of Jack
Level 5
Level 5

Post by Spawn of Jack »

Thats Super exciting about Space Channel 5 part 2, I played the japanese import to death, such an awesome game, unfortunately I can't say the same great things about the ps2 port, it was just a bit off. Hopefully the programming won't be based off of the PS2 port.
Proud Shump Chump