Sonic Remix - Fan made game = Amazing!

Strictly SEGA related discussion.
Maxi
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Maxi »

They haven't really talked about it much but I'm guessing it was just part of the art style and there is no back story behind their decisions as of yet. I see it a cross between the classic 2D games and what Sonic Adventure may of been like if it was made in this day and age (without any of the other games coming out). With its dramatic backdrops and action sequences along with the overly "painted" environment.

But now that you have mentioned it it does look like Robotnik has much more control of Sonic worlds with the Robotnik checkpoints and overall more grungy look of the levels, add to that the non-clean title screen and you could be on to something Mena :p
Option
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Option »

CapnCloudchaser wrote:I need to get me something to unzip Rar's on this PC, then I'll give it a go.

I remember reading about it on TSS and it amazed me how many people were posting negative things about it. It may not be official Sega, but it's brilliant, amazing effort from just two people!
WinRAR or 7zip. =)
"The sub-structure of the universe regresses infinitely towards smaller and smaller components. Behind atoms we find electrons - and behind electrons, quarks. Each layer unravelled reveals new secrets, but also new mysteries."
- Academician Prokhor Zakharov, For I Have Tasted The Fruit
INeedFruit
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by INeedFruit »

This looks great, at some point i'll boot up XP and have a play with it. The big Robotnik attacking was just too cool, I love that apocalyptic style to the whole thing. I cant say i'll hold my breath for a full game but if i see an oil ocean level remixed i'll be a happy man!
...also I loved that emerald hill remix
Host of ClubSEGA - A show about the arcade scene and SEGA arcade games.
Wednesday at 8pm UK/WET - 9pm CEST- 3pm EST - 12pm PST
SegaShinja
Level 2
Level 2

Post by SegaShinja »

Looks fantastic, and the fact that it was the work of two people just puts a great deal of game studios to shame. I guess I can't really say anything that hasn't already been said so I'm just showing support for the efforts of the makers of this game. I would gladly pay for a game like this over many of the games I see on store shelves.
SegaManAU
Level 1
Level 1

Post by SegaManAU »

Downloaded the demo after reading this thread. Wow this game is awesome. Really puts Sega to shame with Sonic 4.

Does anyone know of a release date?
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

SegaManAU wrote: Does anyone know of a release date?
Australia: November 11th
Europe: November 12th
North America: November 16h
Japan: November 18th

I love the fact that the order is completely reversed compared to your typical Japanese developed title.
RWDebara
Level 14
Level 14

Post by RWDebara »

Nope. Whenever they feel like finishing the game, most of these fan games never get finished. Hopefully with all the attention they been getting they'll finish it up.
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

This game looks really ugly. Artstyle is atrocious quite frankly.
Shadid

Post by Shadid »

This is how it looks with maxed out settings. (played on my brother's compuer, which is REALLY powerful. and the settings are in "Fantastic".)
I live here now!
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

No amount of max settings can make up for the hideous art.