Sonic Remix - Fan made game = Amazing!

Strictly SEGA related discussion.
Tru
Level 14
Level 14

Post by Tru »

I think it looks gorgeous. Whether it suits the Sonic universe is a different matter.

Edit: I did finally play it at full graphical settings, and it looks a lot better when animated, I especially love the lighting and water effects. The backgrounds can get a big confusing, especially with the fines, as they are overly detailed and over used, but it really is stunning, especially for a fan game made by two people.

I don't think non-game developers realise how hard it is to actually make a game, especially to that quality. It takes some dedication, that's for sure.
hedgy
Level 1
Level 1

Post by hedgy »

I finished the demo, I would really pay 50euro's to play the full version version when it's out x3
I hope sega will see this as a good example for sonic 5.
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Quills on Wheels »

^Let's not talk about Sonic 5. We still got Sonic 4 episode II and probably III and who knows, maybe an IV. I don't even think there will be any Sonic 5.
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

There's only gonna be two more episodes of Sonic 4 and they're more or less already finished anyway.
RWDebara
Level 14
Level 14

Post by RWDebara »

Biggest sonic fan wrote:I don't even think there will be any Sonic 5.
When theres money involved SEGA will probably do it.
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

RWDebara wrote:When theres money involved SEGA will probably do it.
Oh well, let us all enjoy Sonic's moment of triumph to the fullest before SEGA starts ruining Sonic again.
RWDebara
Level 14
Level 14

Post by RWDebara »

I wouldn't call it a triumph but an improvement. 2 good games this year (3 if you count segaallstar) isn't going to fix a decade of crap being thrown at us. Its an improvement but he still has a lot to go.
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

I guess but let's just hope SEGA doesn't go on the bad side again.
Seriously, why does SEGA always have to make something new and add a few new characters. As much as I HATE to admit it but look at Mario! His games never change! No new characters get added and the story is always the same but nobody complains! Why can't sonic be just "Robotnik turns flikies into robots and sonic has to save them."?
As much as I think it's boring having to Save a Princess from Bowser in every single game, if it works with others than why not.
Shadid

Post by Shadid »

Biggest sonic fan wrote:I guess but let's just hope SEGA doesn't go on the bad side again.
Seriously, why does SEGA always have to make something new and add a few new characters. As much as I HATE to admit it but look at Mario! His games never change! No new characters get added and the story is always the same but nobody complains! Why can't sonic be just "Robotnik turns flikies into robots and sonic has to save them."?
As much as I think it's boring having to Save a Princess from Bowser in every single game, if it works with others than why not.
It's not always about the plot. If the gameplay's good and if the formula works the first time, then it's awesome. Heck, the innovation they made from Mario Galaxy 1 to 2 was decently made levels and freaking Yoshi in a 3D Mario game.

Besides, knowing Nintendo's creativity, it's bound to be good. And that's the key point: creativity. Zelda, Mario and Metroid games never got boring due to that, Nintendo always made different entries, some with different plots, some with the same plots, but if the gameplay, level design AND entertainment is fun, then it's bound to be great. Just look at New Super Mario Bros. Wii. Same mechanic as 2D Super Mario Bros. games, but with new power-ups and defying levels.

And if SEGA wants to get Sonic back, do what Colours did: focus less on story and more on gameplay. Works everytime. :b
I live here now!
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Biggest sonic fan wrote:I guess but let's just hope SEGA doesn't go on the bad side again.
It's probably because Nintendo don't want to appeal to their more hardcore fans. That may sound like a strange compliment but half of what's wrong with Sonic is SEGA's pandering to their freakish deviantartfuraffinity fanfic fanbase.
Shadid wrote:It's not always about the plot. If the gameplay's good and if the formula works the first time, then it's awesome. Heck, the innovation they made from Mario Galaxy 1 to 2 was decently made levels and freaking Yoshi in a 3D Mario game.
Oh come on, Sunshine may not be anyone's favourite but it wasn't that bad.
Shadid wrote:Besides, knowing Nintendo's creativity, it's bound to be good. And that's the key point: creativity. Zelda, Mario and Metroid games never got boring due to that, Nintendo always made different entries, some with different plots, some with the same plots, but if the gameplay, level design AND entertainment is fun, then it's bound to be great. Just look at New Super Mario Bros. Wii. Same mechanic as 2D Super Mario Bros. games, but with new power-ups and defying levels.

And if SEGA wants to get Sonic back, do what Colours did: focus less on story and more on gameplay. Works everytime. :b
I'm not so sure it's creativity, for their main series games they focus entirely on the gameplay when they know they've got something fantastic they don't try to break it with stupid gimmicks like treasure hunting or physics puzzles that don't work, they try to make sure they refine it.

Even though Nintendo aren't known for their stories in games they made probably the best written RPGs ever.