Sonic Remix - Fan made game = Amazing!

Strictly SEGA related discussion.
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Quills on Wheels »

OMG! THIS game is awsome! this is even better than Sonic 4(I haven't played it though, but everything looks so better!). Please somebody sent this to SEGA! they could learn a few things...
I loved the moving background, and the graphics were so awsome! the badniks were awsome too and I loved how they got destroyed when you jumped on them! I really wished sega would do those moving backgrounds too.
Maybe this should be Sonic 4 Episode III (The finall invasion of Doctor Robotnik!)
Eh sorry but does anybody know how to get out of the game? I have 2 windows of this game open and I dont know how to get out of it!!!
Maxi
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Maxi »

crippenstation wrote: On a side note, did you not notice I started a thread on this before you did Maxi? Anyway...
I don't think you did? o.o Atleast I didn't see it.

My Thread start time:

Yesterday, 16:23

Your thread:

Yesterday, 22:34

So a few hours later?.

As for the game it is pretty damn sweet but I can understand why Sonic 4 isn't like this as it wouldn't relate to then generation of audience very well. To me Sonic 4 feels a little like Sonic Colours (and similar games) 2D. Which I think Sega wanted the production team to aim for.

I really see this remake/remix as your childhood dream of what Sonic 1-2 would be like in 15 years time :p
richarddavies
Level 14
Level 14

Post by richarddavies »

Just gave this a go. Seems really good. Only downside was my pc. I had it on the lowest settings but it ran pretty poorly.
Tru
Level 14
Level 14

Post by Tru »

I need to get me something to unzip Rar's on this PC, then I'll give it a go.

I remember reading about it on TSS and it amazed me how many people were posting negative things about it. It may not be official Sega, but it's brilliant, amazing effort from just two people!
Kraiola
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Kraiola »

Why do i like this game more than Sonic 4? I never seen a fan game like this!
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

The game is amazing! I just love the moving background with that robo robotnic! Looks like an invasion but it just give the game an awsome thing!
I never would have thought somebody wold be able to do such things...
Leox001
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Leox001 »

This game is truly something worth regarding to as one of the best fangames ever created.

It is true they kind of went over the top with the "High Definition" idea, which really should complement gameplay and not really get in the way.

But it is overall a fantastic job by any means and a true achievement.

The thing that gets in the way about the HD is that, it's really a bit too much detailed and 'perfect'.. Yeah I never tought that would be a negative thing. But here it's really hard to concentrate in gameplay when there are so many cristal clear details to be looked at, you end up missing all the job they did with the world at full momentum. And you're missing the whole point of the game by slowing down.

I guess now I realise why the "depth of field blur" and "motion blur" are somewhat useful to HD, as they get things that are distracting you out of the way for you to concentrate. While still keeping a fresh look overall.
Say if an out of focus foreground in some occasion gets to be in-focus, the fact that it was all the way pretty much obscured and now you can fully appreciate it, may be a part of enjoying by taking small takes of the whole graphical experience instead of being bombarded with it all from the get go.

That's actually how the human eye works, it focuses in one part and the rest is blurred until you want to see another thing, and it quickly adjusts so you can concentrate there.

Anyways, it's a wonderful game, loved it all the way trough the first zone.
The colors and texture is spot on, check out how the background's modelling and colors feel exactly like the first sonic ones, maybe more like Sonic CD though. The water reflection is truly faithful aswell.

Hope sega doesn't really close this as it's a completely non-profit project.

Everyone enjoy this fangame, and support Sonic 4 which is the future of the series, taking it's greatest step forward by learning from the past ;)
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

^Yeah... I think I must agree with you. Everything around sonic was al little bit too perfect and I mostly lost my attention on sonic and where I am going. so I always rammed into the badniks. But the graphics of this game are so amazing!
RWDebara
Level 14
Level 14

Post by RWDebara »

Yeah the only issues i had with the game was bad enemy placements and there was a few sections where they added a bit too much in the scenery.
Still a good game though.
Mena
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Mena »

I haven't played it yet, but God I want to after watching the video. It's impressed me more than watching Sonic 4 did, I love the way they've put an entirely different spin on it. I don't know the full story behind it, but is it like an alternate reality if Robotnik had taken over?