Happy birthday Master system!

Strictly SEGA related discussion.
richarddavies
Level 14
Level 14

Happy birthday Master system!

Post by richarddavies »

Bit late with this but the Sega master system was 25 on the 20th so I thought it only apt a thread be put up. Does anyone have a sms or still play it? Do you have any favourite games or memories?

Coincidently i've been playing alot of Sms games lately on my game gear so i've been getting alot of sms goodness. Been really enjoying Psycho fox. Absolute gem of a game.
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

I've still got mine, but it's currently inaccessable along with my PS2 due to mum blocking off one corner of the dining room with work stuff. It is now more like her office than a dining room.

I love Scramble Spirits. No idea why, it's just a vertical scrolling shum'up but it's a classic in my mind. The 8-bit version of Sonic 1 was the first game I ever finished.
Killer French Bread
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Killer French Bread »

I never finished Sonic 1. Or Alex Kidd (that was solid though). Bubble Bobble was probably my favourite game.
Tic Tac, sir?
Matty
Level 14
Level 14

Post by Matty »

I did have one till a few weeks ago when it jut died on me, got it for 50p in a box with a snes & some games so cant grumble, will pick me up another one soon :)
sonicfanRICH
Level 13
Level 13

Post by sonicfanRICH »

I've never played the Master System and still haven't seen one yet. I have seen a few games around but no reason to buy them without the system.
ImageImage
TF73
Level 9
Level 9

Post by TF73 »

A great console for it's age! Still searching for games for this little gem. Anyway, happy birthday for MS :)
SegaShinja
Level 2
Level 2

Post by SegaShinja »

Psycho Fox is awesome. I'm personally digging on some Shinobi, Outrun, Penguin Land, and Shooting Gallery lately.
Wrath Oskvro
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: Bruh

Post by Wrath Oskvro »

Never played on a real one :( I want one though. At least I've got the SMS emulation disc for my Dreamcast though but I plan on eventually getting the original system.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1cmXX ... T2LjS5oUOg Like guitars? Like games? Like Metal? Check my Youtoob.
Tru
Level 14
Level 14

Post by Tru »

The Master System was the first console I played, and Sonic was the first game ^_^ That said, I have more memories of the Mega Drive. But you can't beat Alex Kidd.
Schezo
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Schezo »

I got mine just about a year ago with a bunch of games, but I remember a few friends back in kindergarten and preschool who owned one and we used to play Wonder Boy 3, Alex Kidd and Sonic 2.

The games I still love to this day are WB3, Alex Kidd in Shinobi World, Sonic Chaos, Golvellius, and Master of Darkness. Ninja Gaiden is still pretty cool too.