If You Had Complete Control Of Sonic 4

Strictly SEGA related discussion.
baraka6
Level 6
Level 6

If You Had Complete Control Of Sonic 4

Post by baraka6 »

By now, most of us have played sonic 4 after waiting 16 years for a follow up.... we also have issues and gripes about what this release brought us. so i ask you..... the sonic fans. If you had complete control of sonic 4 what would you have done

This will cover anything and everything in the game.

Me personally i would have gotten rid of the targeting system, allowed sonic to move forward during jumping and got rid of that jump movment. Letting sonic run properly when he moves not seem like hes floating before he goes fast, go back to the old school spin motion and jump flash like sonic 3 had when you hit the jump button twice

By far the most important for me (being retro) is to have an option to turn the game 16bit and have 16bit music version aswell

And im not the first to say this but im shocked at Sega releasing episodes and charging the earth when we all know 6-7 months down the line after their all released their going to do a complete game...... Shame on you Sega!!!!!

Maybe we should get Sega to release a megadrive with every game built in not just a 20-in-1 device..... Whos with me lol :guitar: Sorry that bit was off topic

I removed words "die hard" as it looks like its going to cause some form of hastle lol
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

baraka6 wrote:By now, most of us have played sonic 4 after waiting 16 years for a follow up....
I haven't.
baraka6 wrote:so i ask you..... the die hard sonic fans.
So...I'm not allowed to post in here then? I'm not a "Die hard" sonic fan after all.

Anyway, on topic: No to episodic-ness.
baraka6
Level 6
Level 6

Post by baraka6 »

Kaito-kun wrote:I haven't.

So...I'm not allowed to post in here then? I'm not a "Die hard" sonic fan after all.

Anyway, on topic: No to episodic-ness.

Lol maybe taken a little too literally. anyone can post on here, of course input from anyone is good to know, but the most gripes come from sonic fans that have played from the first release!
RWDebara
Level 14
Level 14

Post by RWDebara »

Not a "die hard" fan either. Hes one of my favorite characters still in video games but definitely not a game series that i follow around 24/7 like some people >.> Last Sonic game i actually bought for consoles was back in 2003.

Anyway just finished playing Sonic 4 at a friends.
The one thing i would change is the physics. If i remember correctly the thing that made the old ones alot of fun for me was the momentum. That feeling that your out of control and anything can screw you up and you only have one second to react feels absent here.
Maybe its just me but I feel in control all the time and the jumping feels weird.
It may look and sound like the old sonic but it feels more like Sonic Rush to me. (Which isn't a bad thing, still a good game just doesn't have that click sonic 1,2&3 did)

OH and make it longer.
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Quills on Wheels »

RWDebara wrote:but definitely not a game series that i follow around 24/7 like some people >.>
I take that to referringas me because I mostly do think about sonic.
baraka6 wrote:By now, most of us have played sonic 4 after waiting 16 years for a follow up....

Yeah, I haven't played it eader. I have pre ordered Sonic Colors and I can't buy anymore games for a wil, including Sonic 4

Anyway, going back on topic, What annoys me is the episode thing. We have waited Years now for the Sonic game that would change the Sonic world and we get it in EPISODES? But it's not that bad.

I know many of you say that they should make it 16bit again but I really say no. The gaming era has moved on and I am sure if SEGA would make a 16bit game, people would have complained that they didn't used the graphics of today's technology.

So I like sonic 4 with the exception that they are in episodes and I also wished there was a moving background like the background of Sonic Fan Remix.
TF73
Level 9
Level 9

Post by TF73 »

I really liked Sonic 4, apart from the physics in the game feels a little out of place as Sonic is not as fast as he should be. But perhaps that is just me. Good games are not made of graphics and the standard Sega set with this new game is more then good enough for me as long as it's fun to play.

When Sega have the hang of the gameplay issues I think things will evolve naturally and that also includes a further upgrade in graphics but still staying 2d what concerns gameplay. Everything 3d is not golden!

Personally I love 2d games and I hope that Sega will also continue to support this in the future with Sonic and perhaps also other games.
Tru
Level 14
Level 14

Post by Tru »

I consider myself to be a huge Sonic fan and was nigh on fanatical about the series when I was a kid, although I enjoy a wide range of stuff now. I played and enjoyed Sonic 4, but it's not a game I've been waiting years for, as I've been more or less content with the series anyway.

So.. I would put Shadow in, just to annoy the hardcore gamers ;)
TF73
Level 9
Level 9

Post by TF73 »

CapnCloudchaser wrote:
So.. I would put Shadow in, just to annoy the hardcore gamers ;)

That is kind of mean you know! :P
Killer French Bread
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Killer French Bread »

I don't lke it being in Episodes, but if they had done it all as one game and charged 40 sniffer for it no-one would have bought it because mug punter these days doesn't think 2D games are worth a shit other than as a cheap download.
Tic Tac, sir?
Gonic
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Gonic »

I consider myself a hardcore sonic fan, I ant afford to buy Sonic 4 just yet. I thought the fans did have complete control over sonic 4? If we didn't we would have the iPod version of sonic 4 on consoles