Super Smash Bros. Brawl: Best and Worst Characters

Non-SEGA? Shove your general gaming posts in here...
Shadid

Post by Shadid »

Well, I'm kind of an odd choice for these characters, so, might base this on recent matches. :P

I actually prefer Snake, due to his way of using the weapons, it requires timing, and certainly one of those characters I play occasionally, but as for those that I play often, those are Captain Falcon, Link and Marth, actually.

As most of you mentioned, these are hard characters to get the hang of, but time the combos, and you'll be successful. (Effing Falcon Knee, man! Always works. XD )

I used to be a Sonic player too, and still am, but not that much. As I played further, I noticed some of Sonic's flaws, in which some are mentioned here, thus making me move to different characters.

Oh! I forgot about Kirby...'cuz he's AWESUM!!!! :biggrin: (Enough of this joke, then. ^___^)
I live here now!
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Quills on Wheels »

Kaito-kun wrote:Who we prefer to play as based upon how they play, not just "I leik Sonic cuz hes AWESUM!!11!!!"

Why does it have to be Sonic?! XD I have a feeling that again, you are referring to me or maybe it's just me. :P

Anyway, my freind is a lucario fan.
Me and my freind do this game in brawl which we both chose pokemons. Go to a pokemon stage and only turn pokeballs on. We both get 1 pockeball and than, in the same time, through it at each other. we won't move until both our pokemon's jobs are finished. We do this again untill somebody's pokemon gets the other down. Something like a pokemon match. :P It's really fun. You sometimes get a legendary and you say "Oh, you are so screwed!"
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

The Worst: All of them
The Best: Throwing Brawl in the bin and putting Melee back in
Click to reveal
Rayne
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Rayne »

Smash Bros Brawl is without doubt one of the most dissapointing wii games I've yet purchased.

The controls are about as fluid as a lump of concrete, the level design is similar to, well, this:

and the balance? Fuck me, you could stick an american on a tightrope and it'd be more balanced that SSBB's gameplay. It's a complete button mashing bore-fest where whoever smashes the sparly ball wins.

With the perfect reviews, huge following and stellar previous games I expected a lot more, at the very least something playable.
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

The issue with the controls surely rests on which controller you use to play it? I've only ever used the Gamecube pad and it's been all right with me.
Gonic
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Gonic »

^ True. The game is almost impossible to play with any other controller.
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Still slow and unresponsive though. Infact I'd say using the GC controller makes it worse because you expect the perfection that was Melee.
Option
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Option »

Reknoc wrote:Still slow and unresponsive though. Infact I'd say using the GC controller makes it worse because you expect the perfection that was Melee.
The game's controls are everything but unresponsive.
And slow =/= bad.

Brawl is definitely not Melee, yes, but instead of stupidly memorizing combos, you now have to use tactics and actual gameplay.
Rayne wrote:the level design is similar to, well, this:

What part of "flat platform with 2 floating platforms" or "flat platform with a slightly tilting slope" is too complicated for you?
If you don't understand the stages then you're just stupid, sorry to put it like that.
and the balance? Fuck me, you could stick an american on a tightrope and it'd be more balanced that SSBB's gameplay.
Brawl is in some parts more balanced than SSBM.
It's a complete button mashing bore-fest where whoever smashes the sparly ball wins.
If you play the game with items, you can't expect it to be balanced. That's like picking up a random MUGEN roster and complaining it's not balanced.

That said, the game is anything but button-mashing.

I laugh at how people are too much of idiots to realize that this game DOES have value as a fighting game and that it IS deep. Yes, it's no Street Fighter, or Tekken, but that's not even what it's trying to go after. So stick your "omg it suxx cuz it haz no combos every moron can lern and mash into the controlla! tis gaem is stoopidz cuz i has 2 learn how to play it!" to where the sun never shines, thank you very much.
"The sub-structure of the universe regresses infinitely towards smaller and smaller components. Behind atoms we find electrons - and behind electrons, quarks. Each layer unravelled reveals new secrets, but also new mysteries."
- Academician Prokhor Zakharov, For I Have Tasted The Fruit
Killer French Bread
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Killer French Bread »

What competition do you think Brawl is up for 'going after' exactly then? Pit Fighter? Primal Rage?

Or what was that one they always had on Gamesmaster where the Scottish guy would throw fireballs out of his kilt?
Tic Tac, sir?
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Slow does very much equal bad when it makes the game feel unresponsive and you're playing it for the reason it was made; to have some simple stupid fun with mates.

Also the online sucked.