Super Smash Bros. Brawl: Best and Worst Characters

Non-SEGA? Shove your general gaming posts in here...
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Super Smash Bros. Brawl: Best and Worst Characters

Post by Kaito-kun »

A comment made in another thread inspired this thread. I'm sure many of us have enjoyed that great Wii button masher Super Smash Brothers Brawl but here's a question: Who do you think are the best and worst characters to play as in the game? Keep in mind that this is based upon how they play as fighters and not opinions of the characters themselves. (Otherwise Zero Suit Samus would be near the top for me, you know ^_~)

Anyway, R.O.B, Captain Falcon and Pikachu are three that I'm particularly fond of, followed closely by Marth and Snake. On the opposite end of the scale are Jigglypuff, Diddy Kong, Olimar and Sonic.

s you probably noticed I like the character which you can use to get a quick flurry of hits in before jumping back away before the opponent can retaliate.
Gonic
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Gonic »

Toon link is great against fast charachters such as Sonic & Fox. Marth is good for combos, I sort of like sonic's move set to but its very difficult to smash anyone out when he isnt in super form.
I not very fond of Mr.Game and watch, jigglypuff or peach (manily peach cause her final smash is so easy to aviod)
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Quills on Wheels »

I like speedy character in the game. My favorite is of caurse Sonic.
I also like Meta Night cause he is fast too. I also like fox and his friends and link and toon link aren't bad eader. I don't mind samus and pokemon trainer eader.

Now, the ones I really hate are lucas, ness, olimar and R.O.B. They really are useless. Ganandorf and Caption Falcon are really slow but if they make a hit, they take quite a lot of damage.
Schezo
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Schezo »

I used to be a Marth-player back in the melee days, but since he got nerfed in allot of areas in brawl, I picked up Lucas instead. I quickly fell in love with his upward smash, though I still have problem timing his PK Thunder to jump.

In more casual matches I can play with pretty much anyone, beside the heavy guys. Never liked slow heavy-hitters in fighting games.
Option
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Option »

So do you want more or less factual information on who's the best, or do you mean whom we prefer? =P
"The sub-structure of the universe regresses infinitely towards smaller and smaller components. Behind atoms we find electrons - and behind electrons, quarks. Each layer unravelled reveals new secrets, but also new mysteries."
- Academician Prokhor Zakharov, For I Have Tasted The Fruit
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

Option wrote:So do you want more or less factual information on who's the best, or do you mean whom we prefer? =P
Who we prefer to play as based upon how they play, not just "I leik Sonic cuz hes AWESUM!!11!!!"
Schezo
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Schezo »

Option wrote:So do you want more or less factual information on who's the best, or do you mean whom we prefer? =P
I assume it's about who we prefer. Otherwise Kaito probably just would have checked smash wikia for the top tiers...

EDIT: Well, there we have it.
Option
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Option »

Kaito-kun wrote:Who we prefer to play as based upon how they play, not just "I leik Sonic cuz hes AWESUM!!11!!!"
Oh alright. :3
Well, thing is, some characters I only play cuz their AWESUM!!11!! =D
Schezo wrote:I assume it's about who we prefer. Otherwise Kaito probably just would have checked smash wikia for the top tiers...
Well, considering I am one of the people who're responsible for the tier lists... ;P
"The sub-structure of the universe regresses infinitely towards smaller and smaller components. Behind atoms we find electrons - and behind electrons, quarks. Each layer unravelled reveals new secrets, but also new mysteries."
Tru
Level 14
Level 14

Post by Tru »

The game society at my Uni play Brawl religiously, it's kinda sad :P

Personally speaking I always loved using Marth. Nice and powerful sword swinging, very satisfying. Most popular character seems to be Kirby.
Option
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Option »

Oh right, characters.
Well, my preferences come from a mix between the characters' playstyles and the games they come from.
For instance, I started playing Samus (and Zero Suit) because of Metroid, but I like her floaty projectile-based gameplay a lot, even though it's a bit sluggish. Zero Suit I like because of her speed and the fact she's really hard to predict. Both have trouble landing KOs properly, though, so meh.

Captain Falcon... cuz hes awesum!!! XD