New Xbox Dashboard out now

Non-SEGA? Shove your general gaming posts in here...
Shockerbey
level 11
level 11

New Xbox Dashboard out now

Post by Shockerbey »

as of today (November 1st) the new kinect integrated dashboard is available gotta say its sleeker looking than ever but i kinda prefered the older one. what do you guys think
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

New design is abit pants, but the library seems to load abit faster and XBLA is sorted abit better. Haven't had chance to hear the improved mic quality it apparently has and obviously ESPN doesn't apply to here.

It also freezes for a few seconds when I back out of my game library.

Decided to watch the features video to see why I have to suffer such an ugly dashboard kinectkinectkinectkinect it's like MS are doing everything in their power to make me hate kinect.
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

Is it any different to the recent beta? I've not installed the new update yet but the beta was ridiculously Kinect focused too.
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Well considering the beta was for this update, no? It's probably less buggy and cross game/party chat is back which were apparently absent from the beta.

Edit: Which is kinda odd considering one of the big things about the update is improved audio for the mic.
Option
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Option »

I like the new design, it looks kinda neat.
"The sub-structure of the universe regresses infinitely towards smaller and smaller components. Behind atoms we find electrons - and behind electrons, quarks. Each layer unravelled reveals new secrets, but also new mysteries."
- Academician Prokhor Zakharov, For I Have Tasted The Fruit
Tru
Level 14
Level 14

Post by Tru »

I prefer the old design, especially the start up animation, but I'll get used to it eventually I guess.
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

They should just bring the blades back.
richarddavies
Level 14
Level 14

Post by richarddavies »

I was on the beta and I played my xbox earlier and it didn't ask me to update my box. I kind of hoped it did as my xbox has been acting buggy as shit since I got the dashboard beta. I thought it would still update today to fix some of the problems. I want the old one back.
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Seems alot of people have had problems updating. Live servers must be getting hammered with all the people having to update now.
richarddavies
Level 14
Level 14

Post by richarddavies »

Luckily it's magically stopped now but for over a week everytime I turned my box on it said it had to install an update. And I don't mean a small one I mean a full on 10 minute download update. Every single time I turned it on. And if I cancelled it I couldn't log into live. It was the same pissin update. And another thing that's not fixed is Sky player. Everytime I try to load that it says I have to install it even though I have it. There's loads that's cockin me off.