Super Meat Boy!

Non-SEGA? Shove your general gaming posts in here...
Shadid

Super Meat Boy!

Post by Shadid »

Gameplay Montage

Launch Trailer
Wikipedia wrote:The game sees players taking on the role of a small animated cube of meat named Meat Boy who must save his girlfriend, Bandage Girl, from the evil Dr. Fetus. Players must use sharp reflexes to guide Meat Boy to the end of each level, using his wall clinging ability, whilst avoiding buzzsaws, salt, and other various death bringing obstacles. The game will contain about 350 levels, which are split across various chapters. Levels in each chapter can be played in any order, but a certain number of levels need to be completed to access the boss stage. Completing a level within a certain time will earn an 'A+' grade which unlocks a harder alternate level. There is also a replay function, showcasing failed attempts simultaneously. The XBLA version features an unlockable mode called "Teh Internets" which will be freely updated with new levels.
Go get it. Like, now. As it's one hardcore game I'd play with joy.
I live here now!
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Game's awesome, but I could already feel the frustration starting before I'd finished the trials dark world. So I decided to pass on it until abit later.

Also
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/463241
Shadid

Post by Shadid »

Reknoc wrote:Game's awesome, but I could already feel the frustration starting before I'd finished the trials dark world. So I decided to pass on it until abit later.

Also
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/463241
Yes, the Dark World versions of most levels are even more frustrating, but it's kinds like a text. I even quite a line I saw in the prototype of Meat Boy:
Meat Boy wrote:If all else fails, you can always ragequit.
I live here now!
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Well at the time it was either a game I knew I wouldn't see all of or Red Dead Redemption DLC, the choice was obvious.

http://www.giantbomb.com/quick-look-sup ... y/17-3387/
Shadid

Post by Shadid »

Captain Viridian is now an unlockable in Super Meat Boy PC. Just like Mr. Minecraft and 4 more Indie Game characters.

Also, the creator of VVVVVV's gonna create exclusive levels for SMB PC.

Now I want this on PC. D;
I live here now!
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Haha awesome. I had heard they were talking with the Minecraft dude. Wasn't expecting anything to come out of it though.
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

I don't understand the hype surrounding this. Am I missing something? I mean, it looks like a decent game, but the hype seems a little over the top.
Shadid

Post by Shadid »

Kaito-kun wrote:I don't understand the hype surrounding this. Am I missing something? I mean, it looks like a decent game, but the hype seems a little over the top.
It's basically an indie fest, for starters. And if you played the prototype version of Meat Boy, then you'll know what to expect.

That or just try the demo. :P
I live here now!
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

It's a crazy hard super responsive twitch platformer and is alot of fun. It's also an indie game full of characters from other indie games that the cool kids would recognise because they play indie games.

Indie games.
Shadid

Post by Shadid »

Oh, I almost forgot. The peoplewho pre-purchased the Steam version are being so trolled right now by Valve.
I live here now!