Favorite Controller

Non-SEGA? Shove your general gaming posts in here...

What is your favorite controller?

NES
No votes
SNES
6%
N64
11%
GameCube
11%
Xbox/360
22%
Sony PS1/2/3
6%
Sega Genesis
6%
Sega Saturn
22%
Arcade Sticks (specify which one)
6%
Other (specify)
11%

Total votes: 18

Wrath Oskvro
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: Bruh

Favorite Controller

Post by Wrath Oskvro »

Ahhh the controller..one of the most important things in gaming. "What's the most important part about a game? Being able to FUCKING PLAY IT!"- AVGN

Anyway..yeah. Self explanatory. What is (or are) your favorite controller and why? This includes any kind of arcade stick, flight stick, steering wheel, or whathaveyou.

My favorite controller design of all time has to go to the Sega Saturn model 2 controller, which is model 1 in Japan. It's by far one of the most comfortable controllers I've ever had, and unlike most companies the D-pad is actually built well and practical for fighting games! I suppose the Playstation dpad is..okay but it still doesn't have the feel or the accuracy that I get with a Saturn controller. I've just never held a controller where they actually got the damn D-pad right other than the Saturn controller and this Logitech PS2 controller that I found. And of course, 6 buttons on the face, two triggers...perfect for just about anything that doesn't need analog control.

Oh and it looks effing cool. Image

note: Yeah I know I missed a few like the Dreamcast controller but more than 10 options would just be spammy.

Also I really love arcade sticks for fighting games (duh) and shooters over any control pad as well, but sometimes they're just not practical. Like for playing platformers or RPG's, which is why the Saturn controller gets my vote because of versatility.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1cmXX ... T2LjS5oUOg Like guitars? Like games? Like Metal? Check my Youtoob.
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

How could I possibly choose over the GC controller and the Classic Controller Pro!?

Oh wait, CCPro uses the same dumb analog stick placement as the dualshock. GC pad it is then.
Option
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Option »

Hard to choose.
I'd say it's a tie between SNES, GameCube and arcade sticks (in the style of Mad Catz fight sticks), tending more towards SNES one because of nostalgia.

I do agree with Reknoc about the dual shock being awful, though.
"The sub-structure of the universe regresses infinitely towards smaller and smaller components. Behind atoms we find electrons - and behind electrons, quarks. Each layer unravelled reveals new secrets, but also new mysteries."
- Academician Prokhor Zakharov, For I Have Tasted The Fruit
Killer French Bread
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Killer French Bread »

Saturn pad of course. It's the height of ergonomic design.
Tic Tac, sir?
Wrath Oskvro
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: Bruh

Post by Wrath Oskvro »

^Good choice!

Oh and to specify, I love the Hori sticks. I've just got an entry level one for only $35 and it's great for the price, and can be modded if you prefer some nice Sanwa buttons.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1cmXX ... T2LjS5oUOg Like guitars? Like games? Like Metal? Check my Youtoob.
RWDebara
Level 14
Level 14

Post by RWDebara »

My favorite remotes are the SNES and the Genesis Original 3-Button Remote.
First console remote i ever used. Great memories of this remote, felt right for every game i had for the SNES. The only issues i had with it is the D-pad. I don't know if it was just my remote but i had the same issues with someone else's remote's (Had the same issues with the PAL version). It felt very rough, small, and unresponsive sometimes unless you press it very hard. It made my thumb very sore after using it awhile. Still great though.

I just loved how the Genesis remote felt in my hands when i was a kid and how the buttons felt. Also the D-pad was much better than the SNES to me. I wasn't a big fan of how the 6 button remote looked though which came with my Genesis.
Going to pick the Genesis/Megadrive for the arcade like buttons.
coolman2424
Level 3
Level 3

Post by coolman2424 »

i mast say that cos i have spent most of my gameing career with the good old xbox controller i go with that.i can pick up an xbox controller ill kick ass at any game. if i did not have a keyblade on hand id use a xbox controller
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\My Pictures\move\art\Nrestsew2b.jpg
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Quills on Wheels »

Ooops, I didn't see the Sony Ps1/2/3 controller option and pressed others. Can any of you guys change that?
Anyway, most of my gaming experience was with the Sony Controler. In my countrey, at the beggining, the Sega Genesis ruled over my countrey but than, Sony took over. The PS1 was a hit and one of it's famous games was Takken 3. Everybody I knew, had one but I was the only person not to have one because my parrents never liked video consoles. I did have a Sega genesis but that was because My uncle gave it to me as a present. My parrents never bouth it.
After the PS1, The PS2 became the major hit in Iran. Finally after begging my parrents and studing hard in my school, they accepted to finally buy me a PS2. And I still have it! Next was the PSP, than Wii, Nintendo DS.
But from all these, the PS2 was the most comfortable. It was awsome and it used every finger. I practicly spent most years of my life playing the PS2. So yeah, thats the one for me!
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

coolman2424 wrote:i mast say that cos i have spent most of my gameing career with the good old xbox controller i go with that.i can pick up an xbox controller ill kick ass at any game. if i did not have a keyblade on hand id use a xbox controller

Moving on, I don't have a favourite but I am rather fond of my HORI Fighting Stick 3.

Edit: Picture!

Tru
Level 14
Level 14

Post by Tru »

It's tough, I like bits from different controllers. The Playstation controller is the right size, but the 360 controller has the analogue sticks indented which feels more comfortable, plus I really don't like the trigger buttons of the PS3 pad.

I think my favourite is the N64 pad though, mostly because it was really versatile in how it could be held and it just felt really comfortable for me. It doesn't feel quite as comfortable these days though, but it did at the time :P