RadioSEGA Review: Sonic Adventure 2 (Dreamcast)

Use this forum for all your game reviews, SEGA or otherwise. All threads will be moderated.
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

Biggest sonic fan wrote:Who said I know nothing about SA2? As I said, I have watched a lot of reviews, playthroughs and I have also watched most of the cut-scenes. I know what I'm talking about. I usually don't go any further than what I know.
You're right BSF, you don't know nothing (Lord I dislike using double negative) but that doesn't mean you know everything. Let's look at it another way. Imagine you're learning to drive a car. You've studied up on the rules of the road, how the theory of how a car operates, how to make it go, how to stop, the emissions it produces, what to do in case of an emergency and all of the other theory you could possibly think of to do with ow to drive a car. However, if you know all that but have never actually sat in the driver's seat of any car before does that mean you're able to drive? Furthermore, does it entitle you to complain about the driving style of someone who is able to drive before you've even got a car going yourself?

Biggest sonic fan wrote:I go by my own way and if I think that this game deserves a 3.5 out of 5(7 out of 10) than that's just my opinion.

On what basis?
SegaMark wrote:Sonic stopped being a decent franchise at the turn of the millennium.

[...]

Sonic is a bit of a joke franchise now.
This. 3/sonic & Knuckles is widely considered to be the high point of the franchise for good reason: Sonic 3D was just awkward and Adventure was the beginning of the end. Imagine if you grew up in the 90's and eagerly awaited another gem like Sonic 3. Years pass. Sonic 3D comes out, it's ok, but you want the Sonic you love. More time passes, excitement grows when a new console and a new Sonic game is announced. It builds and builds along with the hype until-! ...That's it. It's over you know the franchise that you loved isn't coming back. Over the next ten years you're proved right time and time again and by the time some bloke at SEGA clocks onto this it's too late. You and many, many others who grew up with the blue blur have moved on, disillusioned with the state of the Sonic franchise (and as a possible wider issue state of gaming in general) as it is today.
Gonic
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Gonic »

I personally liked the game. Not as much as Sonic 3 and Knuckles but was still quite enjoyable. I personally hated the treasure stages and some of the music used in them. Whereas the shooter stages i found to be very easy. Also the kart stages were horrible and hard to control and pointless really. The multiplayer was fun as long as you were playing Sonic/Shadows action stages but the charachters were quite badly balanced and the grind races were basically luck.

Great review renokc but my score would of been 3/5 lol :P
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Advanced Warning to get your Spears out:

My next review also involves a Sonic game.
Gonic
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Gonic »

May i ask which one :O?
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Another one that I'm not a massive fan of.

Don't want to spoil it though and it should be up soon.
Wrath Oskvro
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: Bruh

Post by Wrath Oskvro »

I can't wait actually...for obvious reasons. >_> XD
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1cmXX ... T2LjS5oUOg Like guitars? Like games? Like Metal? Check my Youtoob.
Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Gavvie »

Not that I want to particularly troll-like, but surely your opinion is invalid if you've never played the game in question, and are basing your opinion solely on what you've watched?

Using that logic, Sonic 06 goes up a couple of notches, as it's nowhere near as infuriating to watch as it is to play. Well...if you like loading screens, that is.
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Gavvie wrote:Using that logic, Sonic 06 goes up a couple of notches, as it's nowhere near as infuriating to watch as it is to play. Well...if you like loading screens, that is.
I'd give Sonic '06 a 5/5 if I just based it on what I watched.
Shadid

Post by Shadid »

Biggest sonic fan wrote:Just joking. I'm willing to give 06 a try and it's probably not that bad.
Biggest sonic fan wrote:No, I won't deal with it.
Actually, I will. Now I realize. I don't care what you or anybody else thinks. I go by my own way and if I think that this game deserves a 3.5 out of 5(7 out of 10) than that's just my opinion.
Still, if you based your opinion on gameplay videos, it still means you didn't play it. Reviews are like the explanation of our experience with the game, such as opinions.
Biggest sonic fan wrote:Well, that's your review than. I can't really say it was a good review but it is saying your opinion. As I said Reknoc, you are one hell of a strange gamer.
Thief II: The Metal Age makes you a strange gamer, that's new.
Reknoc wrote:I'd give Sonic '06 a 5/5 if I just based it on what I watched.
Oh, LP Archive, the hilarity you can give me.
I live here now!
Mena
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Mena »

I haven't read your review, nor have I played the game, but I completely agree with the score because this is a Sonic game and I am a Mario fan, therefore it deserved to get 1/5. Maybe even a lower score!