call of duty black ops

Non-SEGA? Shove your general gaming posts in here...
Shockerbey
level 11
level 11

call of duty black ops

Post by Shockerbey »

just started playing it and so far its very dark compared to modern warfare 2. gary oldman and sam worthington are great voices in it but what do u lot think of it?
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

What? From the clips I've seen Sam Worthington does an awful job.

Not got it yet as I'm not really in a rush to get a C team Call of Duty game. When I do get it it'll be entirely for the computer easter egg.
richarddavies
Level 14
Level 14

Post by richarddavies »

I just got up to the bit where you meet Gary Oldmans character last night. Up to yet I can't tell whether I think it's awesome or infuriating. It's still got one of the biggest gaming gripes with me which is infinite respawning enemies. It really knocks the atmos when im trying to clear a room of badguys and they just keep magically reappering before your eyes until you hit a certain marker point in the room. There's a bit in the Vietnam levelin particular that was completely ruined for me because of that mechanic. When it does work though there are flashes of brilliance in there.

On the multiplayer side the gameplay itself is largely unchanged the only big difference for me is the unlock system. In the last one as you levelled up you unlocked new weapons and killstreaks and this has retained that and expanded it so pretty much every single thing has to be unlocked at a certain level. Just to add on that though aswell as unlocking them by levelling up you don't have access to any of it unless you buy it with cash you earn in matches. So even if you level up enough to earn something you might not have the cash to buy it. Even all the personal tags and facepaint for your guy and perks are paid for. It's pretty annoying.
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

I thought the new way of unlocking stuff sounded abit better since it made it easier to just pick and choose what you want. The wager matches sounded neat aswell. Giantbomb also mentioned that change in mobility is abit more drastic for larger weapons.

On the singleplayer side as long as theres no Favela we cool.
richarddavies
Level 14
Level 14

Post by richarddavies »

I thought the unlocking system sounded better in theory before the game came out. In practice im not won over by it. It's not a game wrecker just not as cool as I hoped it would be.
Matty
Level 14
Level 14

Post by Matty »

Havent played the campaign yet, just stuck to zombies/dead ops & multi-player

The new unlocking system does have its good & bad points, it's good as you can unlock what you want, but theres still the level requirements for the weapons (Like the AK being 44)

Three things that piss me of though the the match making, the people it groups me with and the spawn system

Matchmaking - My My IP scomes from either Wolverhampton or Dudley, My mates IP comes from Wolverhampton, i search for a game & i can never join his lobby (even if i do local only at 1am, i have to join manually) no biggie but local area my arse, whenever i choose local area it partners me with french people wtfomgbbq pretty bad if France is "local"

Spawn system - Treyarch said they greatly improved the spawn system from MW2, utter BS im MW2 on a small map i'd rarely spawn near an enemy, in this game i spawn into groups of 2 or more enemies on large maps!! If i don't spawn into them then i spawn by a detonating grenade or sometimes on a claymore, Don't get me started on Nuketown, 7 deaths in 10 seconds i kid you not :@

Finally the French people, boy oh boy they are awesome players, if they aren't lag switching (youtube/google it) they have bad connection thus making them teleport from side to side, bullets hit but no damage done >.> then there are the ones who can't play, S&D.

Bomb has been planted 30 seconds left, every one on the other team is dead what does the guy do? Sneak around looking for people, everyones yelling at him to disarm but he ignores us all. I haven't met a decent french cod player

Rant over

oh and Gun games is glicthed, i cant knife at close range but you can shoot 1 bullet through 2 walls, 2 long generators and get a headshot. I threw my pad in disgust and thats my 3rd PS3 pad that is broken because of COD xD
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Matchmaking is always trash regardless of what it's in.

Anyway local area refers to Europe.
Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Gavvie »

Hmm. If Treyarch's the C team, who're the B team? :blink:

Anyway, surprisingly I'm not all that interested in this. Maybe when the price drops a little, but it did take me two years to get Modern Warfare, so no rush ^_^
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Gavvie wrote:Hmm. If Treyarch's the C team, who're the B team? :blink:
Current Infinity Ward.
Shockerbey
level 11
level 11

Post by Shockerbey »

Reknoc wrote:Current Infinity Ward.

if theyre b then whos a