Game Piracy

Non-SEGA? Shove your general gaming posts in here...
Shadid

Post by Shadid »

Bringing back this topic, this is basically what I wanted to say on this.
I live here now!
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

Shadid wrote:Bringing back this topic, this is basically what I wanted to say on this.
Great read. But I only got down to the second photograph...
Shadid

Post by Shadid »

Kaito-kun wrote:Great read. But I only got down to the second photograph...
Resuming in one sentence, the Crysis 2 Developer build leak caused a stir, Jim Sterling's complaining about the reason this happened, and wonders why developers hate PC gamers.

I disagree in one part: Generalizing PC Piracy as the whole issue itself. As for the rest, it's perfectly well put.
I live here now!
INeedFruit
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by INeedFruit »

Great thread. For me I tend to buy some games and emulate others. I recently brought Donkey Kong Country for the SNES off ebay for under a £10 but I also completed Snatcher awhile ago without paying a penny for it. I always wanted to play Snatcher but never thought it was ever going to possible until I found a way. For DKC however I had played that game so much when I was a kid I knew I had to own it before it disappeared same went for Gunstar Heros that I brought for £20!

One thing I wanted to add; the DS cartridges that you could download loads of games on it, I never brought one myself but one of my mates at Uni had it. Although it seemed great at first he eventually treated the games like 5 minute distractions, playing a bit of mario kart before moving swiftly onto warioware and then onto final fantasy but never really got the most out of the games.
Host of ClubSEGA - A show about the arcade scene and SEGA arcade games.
Wednesday at 8pm UK/WET - 9pm CEST- 3pm EST - 12pm PST