Happy birthday 360!

Non-SEGA? Shove your general gaming posts in here...
richarddavies
Level 14
Level 14

Happy birthday 360!

Post by richarddavies »

I only just noticed this but the Xbox 360 came out 5 years ago yesterday. Can't believe it's that old already. Does anyone else have or have had a 360? What do you think of the noisy get then? What games are your faves?
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

It came out on the second of December didn't it? Rich is talking to us from the future!!! *Panics*

When it launched I was a Nintendo fanboy, so I was quite negative towards it. Of course, people mature. I'm onto my second 360 now.
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Wow doesn't seem that long. This gen has crazy legs since there seems to be no sign of a new xbox in sight.

Hard to believe it took almost 5 years for a Halo to not look like shit on the 360 aswell.
richarddavies
Level 14
Level 14

Post by richarddavies »

It came out first on November the 22nd in the states.
sonicfanRICH
Level 13
Level 13

Post by sonicfanRICH »

USA! I love Xbox for Halo, but I do like a variety of other games that have come out for it over the years such as some awesome Sega ones (and some not so awesome *cough* Sonic '06 *cough*) of course.
ImageImage
RWDebara
Level 14
Level 14

Post by RWDebara »

Its been 5 years already? Damn just a matter of time before they announce their next console still going to be awhile because of the kinect. Nintendo is probably the first company to announce their next console.
Killer French Bread
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Killer French Bread »

I still clearly remember waking up at half four on the freezing cold morning the 360 was released. It was a friday so they had the videogame radio show on 5 live, and some bastard geek was banging on about how brilliant PGR3 was. Would have killed to have stayed in bed and played on a 360. Instead I had to go and work in a factory making Xbox P.O.S. displays.
Tic Tac, sir?
Tru
Level 14
Level 14

Post by Tru »

Five years, wow. Back in the old days, we would have had a new console by now, but I don't think there is much further we can go in terms of graphical and technological leaps. I would say that saves us money in the long run, but I'm up to my third 360 :P

The 360 is my favourite current gen console. I like the dashboard, the control pad feels comfortable, most of my friends are there and I met a bunch of 'em during my PSU addiction. Hell, just playing PSU reminded me of playing PSO on the Dreamcast all those years ago.
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

CapnCloudchaser wrote:Five years, wow. Back in the old days, we would have had a new console by now, but I don't think there is much further we can go in terms of graphical and technological leaps. I would say that saves us money in the long run, but I'm up to my third 360 :P
PC says hi.
richarddavies
Level 14
Level 14

Post by richarddavies »

Reknoc wrote:PC says hi.
? Hi what? Graphics are barely changing these days. Graphics card developers have already released some tech demos of graphics cards that they say are the next gen and to say the difference is underwhelming is an understatement.