RadioSEGA Review: Sonic Colours (Wii)

Use this forum for all your game reviews, SEGA or otherwise. All threads will be moderated.
crippenstation
Level 9
Level 9

Post by crippenstation »

Wayne The Game wrote:I wasn't sure on whether to pick up colours or not since unleashed was so bad.
I know your comment wasn't directed at me but I thought I'd butt in and ask what version of Unleashed you played. I understand about your opinion if you played PS2/Wii, because even though the day stages were fun, the night stages dragged on and on and were BORING. The PS3 version had much better balance and was actually fun from my experience.

From the vids I've seen of this game, it took what Unleashed started (day stages) and made them 3x better.
Beware of your mind as it proves you wrong...
Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Gavvie »

From what I've heard, actually, the Wii version is better than the HD ones, with the PS2 one being universally awful.
crippenstation
Level 9
Level 9

Post by crippenstation »

I've played the PS2 one and had a blast with the day stages. The night stages dragged on forever. I liked the concept but the balance was horrid. One of the night levels made me think I was playing a PS2 version of a Game Gear title! Plus there's 4x more night levels than day levels. Ugh.

I have the PS3 game and even though finding the sun and moon medals is 3x harder, the balance is much better, the night stages doesn't drag on forever (1x as much as day stages) and have much more imaginative stages that still felt fresh. The hedgehog engine also shows its wow factor with even sweeter day stages. At least that's my opinion and not everybody shares mine.

Back to Sonic Colors... if the stages are even sweeter than Unleashed's day stages I may give it a shot. My eyes are on the DS version but this title has been getting seemingly nothing but praise.
Beware of your mind as it proves you wrong...