Binary Domain

Strictly SEGA related discussion.
Tru
Level 14
Level 14

Binary Domain

Post by Tru »

Sega have announced a new squad based shooter called Binary Domain:
SEGA is pleased to announce Binary Domain, an original squad-based shooter by Toshihiro Nagoshi, the creator behind some of SEGA’s most well-known video game franchises, including the critically acclaimed Yakuza series. Binary Domain puts players in the middle of a fast-paced and intense battle for humanity in robot-invaded 2080 Tokyo. Fighting through the derelict lower levels of the city, players control an international peace-keeping squad that soon starts to question their surroundings and the choices they are making. Are the robots becoming more human, or are humans becoming more like machines?
You can read more on the SoA blog page here: http://blogs.sega.com/usa/2010/12/01/se ... ry-domain/

And watch the teaser trailer here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1NNRsaXq4LQ

What do you guys think? I'm not really interested in squad based shooters, and it looks kinda cheesy, but I like the sci-fi world.
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Was sold as soon as they mentioned the Yakuza team.
Tru
Level 14
Level 14

Post by Tru »

Aye, I think that'll give it some weight :P
Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Gavvie »

Yeah, I have to admit that the mention of the Yakuza team brought my full attention as well, even though I haven't actually played any of the games yet (I know, I intend to!)

But yeah, the trailer looks quite interesting. Would be nice to see some in-game footage as well though, I can't imagine that was done in-engine. Looks good if it was, though.
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Not seen the trailer yet since I don't think it was up the other day, certainly the Andriasang article didn't have it :C
Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Gavvie »

Well, Tru linked to it in her first post, so I'm not too sure how you can't have seen that :P
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

Tempted, just because it looks so cheesy. It also looks rather pretty and I think I heard me some Travis Willingham in that trailer. Street Fighter, Full Metal Alchemist and Ouran School Host Club jokes for everyone!

Also, I can't be the only one who thought that the bald bloke looked like a black version of the Heavy from Team Fortress 2.
RWDebara
Level 14
Level 14

Post by RWDebara »

^ all he needs is Sasha
Game looks alright I would like to see some gameplay before deciding anything but with the yakuza studios name it does put some weight on it.

It's looks very similar to Vanquish when it comes to graphics and it also reminds me of the terminator movies.
Trailer was very cheesy, for robots they suck at aiming
Wrath Oskvro
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: Bruh

Post by Wrath Oskvro »

I'm not going to knock it before trying it myself but it doesn't look very inspired at all..looks pretty generic. But we'll see.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1cmXX ... T2LjS5oUOg Like guitars? Like games? Like Metal? Check my Youtoob.
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Gavvie wrote:Well, Tru linked to it in her first post, so I'm not too sure how you can't have seen that :P
Because I'm at work. I said I haven't seen it yet not that I didn't know there was one.