Project 7: Forum Upgrade

Have something to say, or having any issues? Let us know...
Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Project 7: Forum Upgrade

Post by Gavvie »

Hi guys. It's been a while since we've spoken about Project 7, so allow me to assure you that it is indeed coming, and it's coming along nicely. We'll have a more in-depth announcement shortly. For the time being, I'm here to chat about the forums.

As you may or may not know, we are looking at upgrading the forums to vBulletin 4 when we update to Project 7. Normally we'd leave that as it is, and wouldn't really need to make an entire thread about it. However, vB4 isn't cheap, and we'd like your help if possible.

See, we don't really like pleading for money. We do always ask for donations where possible, and have always been very grateful when they are given. They have kept the site afloat on more than one occasion, and we thank you from the bottom of our hearts for that.

I'm going to be upfront about this: We're looking for about £120. Yeah, I did say it wasn't cheap. Sorry about that.

If you could donate anything, we would appreciate it. We're aiming to deliver a site that really knocks your socks off, both on the website front and the message boards.

Spread the word around a bit as well. I'm sure there's plenty of people who love this place, and would be willing to donate a little bit.

If you can help, thanks. If not..well nevermind. Maybe some other time :)
Tru
Level 14
Level 14

Post by Tru »

Do we have a time limit on when?

I can't possibly donate anything now, I literally have no money at all and Christmas is just round the corner. But, come January, I will. Thus, if you can wait till then, I would be willing to donate something towards it.
Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Gavvie »

Yeah, I know the timing's a bit sucky. Sorry about that as well.

We're looking at anytime within the next month. Obviously we want to launch vB4 at the same time as P7, so the sooner the better really.
RWDebara
Level 14
Level 14

Post by RWDebara »

Yeah same here with Christmas around the corner im trapped, got laid off last month and im tight on money, but when January comes ill defiantly donate. Got a job offer but i won't start untill mid December and my birthday is in Jan so ill have a few bucks to spare.