2018 World Cup Bid

What it says on the tin...
Killer French Bread
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Killer French Bread »

That's the one crumb of comfort I'm taking from this disaster - at least we pissed off the crooks at Fifa first and it looks like we were never going to win anyway. You'd have to say they got their revenge though by getting us to drag the Prime Minister, prince and Beckham down just to get us 2 votes. It's a national humiliation. David Cameron should be livid with that twat Sepp Blatter.
Tic Tac, sir?
Page
Level 8
Level 8

Post by Page »

Killer French Bread wrote:I know you've probably never noticed this before, but there are already quite a few armed and fully operational football stadiums in the country. In fact we could probably do a decent job of hosting the tournament if it kicked off this evening.

...umm This is how much I ignore football, last time I noticed they were demolishing Wembley :blush: a quick google shows me that they have built it again... :blink:

XD
________
Ford transit picture
Tru
Level 14
Level 14

Post by Tru »

It's been over the papers today and many, include Fifa themselves apparently, are saying the British media were responsible for losing the bid.

We went to so much effort, had reassurances and only got two votes. Even the English team admit that the bid had more to do with background deals than the quality of the bid. In that case, then wasn't Panarama right to expose this? It's obvious that this process has many issues and blaming the media for pointing this out seems silly to me.
Killer French Bread
Level 15
Level 15

Because we're the only ones that suffer. You think anything will change? Of course not, it'll be the same people taking the votes next time, same old FIFA carrying on. Everything will all be forgotten about. The documentary did nothing but tell us something that everyone knew anyway, and finished any slim chances we had of winning vote. It's like shotgunning your own genitals off to prove guns are bad. All for a bit of naive idealism. Wasn't worth it.
Tic Tac, sir?
Tru
Level 14
Level 14

Post by Tru »

But things don't change whilst people sit around and ignore them. It seems from my very limited experience that England gets screwed over a lot during football.. All for very unfair reasons which could be easily changed, like goal line scoring technology or whatever it's called.
Killer French Bread
Level 15
Level 15

Nothing will change after we destroyed our own bid though, so there was no point. It was utter stupidity.

And really, I don't care if they make Fifa a bit less corrupt. That's hardly what I think about at night, I just wanted the footy in England. Would have been the experience of a lifetime.
Tic Tac, sir?
tasmwill

Post by tasmwill »

Well, we are going to have one here in Brazil... and that'll be an epic fail. I do like football and I really want that all go well, but knowing Brazil and the ones responsible for making the bigger changes (government and companies) that wont happen.