Tron: Legacy

TV, Movies, Music, Books and all that other entertainment type stuff...
Tru
Level 14
Level 14

Tron: Legacy

Post by Tru »

The new Tron film, sequel to the cult classic that was released in 1982, is due to hit cinemas in the US and UK on December 17th!

I can't be the only one excited about it.
Quick plot description stolen by Wikipedia:
Sam Flynn (Garrett Hedlund), a tech-savvy 27-year-old, is haunted by the mysterious disappearance of his father Kevin Flynn (Jeff Bridges), a man once known as the world's leading video-game developer. When Sam investigates a strange signal sent from the abandoned Flynn's Arcade—that could have only come from his father—he finds himself pulled into a world where Kevin has been trapped for 20 years. With the help of the fearless warrior Quorra (Olivia Wilde), father and son embark on a life-or-death journey across a visually-stunning digital universe—created by Kevin himself—which has become far more advanced with never-before-imagined vehicles, weapons, and landscapes and a ruthless villain who will stop at nothing to prevent their escape
If you haven't seen the original Tron, then now is a good time to give it a whirl. It may not have aged terribly well to some, but the special effects were pretty special back in the day, and it was one of the only video game inspired films of its time too.

The trademarked glowy effects are back for this one, and will look damn sexy in a IMAX 3D cinema ;)

Plus, the soundtrack was composed by Daft Punk, and if that doesn't make it instantly awesome, I don't know what will.

I heard Gavvie already has his tickets; who else is really excited and going to see it when it comes out? :biggrin:
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Well I was excited but seems it's 3D only... fuck that shit. Will wait for the Blu-Ray.
richarddavies
Level 14
Level 14

Post by richarddavies »

It's 3d only? Uurgghh. I know im gonna watch it anyway though because it's Tron. TRON!

TRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONN
Page
Level 8
Level 8

Post by Page »

I am SO excited about this. I have been watching the teasers and love the fact that they are using the old 'Flynns' arcade in the movie. I spent SO much time in arcades during the 80's they were like my second home. Ah wouldnt a RS field trip to the movies be cool...
________
Toyota Tf107 Specifications
Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Gavvie »

It's only in 3D? Nah, that can't be right...surely they're showing it in 2D as well?

But yeah, I'm off to see a fortnight tomorrow, in big shiny IMAX 3D ^_^
Tru
Level 14
Level 14

Post by Tru »

We might be skint, but we're gonna put aside some money to see it. Maybe not at the IMAX though :P
SJSSF
Level 4
Level 4

Post by SJSSF »

I already pre-booked my ticket for the 17th and it seems to be 3D only for the 1st week i think, also i got the prequal game and i'm going to get the OST too!!!

mazonemayu
Level 9
Level 9

Post by mazonemayu »

actually, the first one has aged well. I've seen it (again) a few months ago; A friend of mine had hired a private small theatre (you know; the real thing with the old red seats & all, no dts & shit) & organised an 80's movie day. we got to see 5 old movies on the big screen again & I suggested that one of em was Tron, coz of the sequel coming out & to refresh folks' memories (and the main reason really was that I could see it again on the big screen ;) )

off course the effects are dated for todays standards, but on the other hand I think they still hold up pretty well. there were (younger) folks there who never got to see the movie & who were really impressed with the effects compared to its age. (this is good, as young folks are hard to impress when it comes to special effects & cgi)

I'm sure Legacy can't better Tron, but I'm watching it anyway; I've been waiting almost 30 years for this movie :)

also imo if you're a gamer, you must see this movie. try to imagine that we coudn't imagine ( ;) I know) that one day games would actually look as good (& better as this film). My first comp had like 8 (seriously) colours so go figure...

anyway; it's a good thing they brought back the original cast (bruce & jeff) as I love both actors
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

I rewatched Tron a while back and it was really boring. Time has not been kind to it considering the film has very little past the fancy graphics which have aged alot.

Actually maybe the sequal will end up being the same, probably why I can only seem to find it in 3D. Trying the old Avatar Manuever I see.
Page
Level 8
Level 8

Post by Page »

mazonemayu wrote: A friend of mine had hired a private small theatre (you know; the real thing with the old red seats & all, no dts & shit) & organised an 80's movie day. we got to see 5 old movies on the big screen again & I suggested that one of em was Tron, coz of the sequel coming out & to refresh folks' memories (and the main reason really was that I could see it again on the big screen ;) )
I bet that was FANTASTIC!
I'm sure Legacy can't better Tron, but I'm watching it anyway; I've been waiting almost 30 years for this movie :)

also imo if you're a gamer, you must see this movie. try to imagine that we coudn't imagine ( ;) I know) that one day games would actually look as good (& better as this film). My first comp had like 8 (seriously) colours so go figure...

anyway; it's a good thing they brought back the original cast (bruce & jeff) as I love both actors
^Cannot agree more! My first comp was black and white....
________
Buy Vaporizers