Catherine (PS3/360)

Non-SEGA? Shove your general gaming posts in here...
Matty
Level 14
Level 14

Catherine (PS3/360)

Post by Matty »

Thought its time we started a thread on this game

Catherine is Atlus's (the minds behind the Shin Megami Tensei & The Trauma Center series) first HD game to be released on the PS360

I'm sure its being made by the Persona 3 & 4 team so if those two games are anything to go by we're in for a treat

2 days ago the cover art was released (pictured below)

As you can see the 2 covers differ, the PS3 shows Catherine & the 360s shows Katherine. Wonder if this means the story pans out differently between versions.

The game is set for release Feb 17th 2011 for Japan, the USA/EU are still tba

Basic story plot is below

So is anybody else looking forward to this? :D I know i certainly am, i mean when was the last time sheep were so involved in a video game xD
Click to reveal
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Yoyoyoyoyoyoyoyoyo yoyoyoyoyoyo

Opening:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDaE_1uY0as

Trailer 1:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-Fuf4RC ... re=channel

Trailer 2:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YRuZ1uV ... re=channel

I'm interested in this but they've shown bugger all gameplay. So far it seems to be a mix between a typical Japanese ADV game and some kind of running away platformer. Also I guess there'll be 8 endings.

Still I'm glad they've got the engine and assets in place for when they start doing HD SMT games instead of starting with PS2 level games *coughNIScough*

Edit: I said it on gaf when the first trailer was shown but I immediatly thought of the Paranoia Agent episode and I'm betting Catherine and Katherine are the same person.
Killer French Bread
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Killer French Bread »

They've shown some footage of the playable game now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CA_Y-KL-QgI

I can;t imagine the otaku will like this, it looks like it's actually going to be a game with a bit of tension and skill. I assumed it would be some boring collect 'em up type thing if it wasn't an RPG.
Tic Tac, sir?
richarddavies
Level 14
Level 14

Post by richarddavies »

Yeah it doesn't look like I imagined at all. Still looks interesting though. I'll pick it up if it comes out westside.
tasmwill

Post by tasmwill »

Really hope it comes to the westside. I really loved the two last Personas and I'm really looking forward to play this one.
Killer French Bread
Level 15
Level 15

A new person. Didn't know this game was a sequel either. What's the gameplay like in Persona?
Tic Tac, sir?
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Killer French Bread wrote:A new person. Didn't know this game was a sequel either. What's the gameplay like in Persona?
JRPGs this isn't a sequel to them but it's made by the same developers and any next-gen Shin Megami Tensei games will probably use assets and engine made for this game.
Killer French Bread
Level 15
Level 15

Ah cool. I had a couple of the Shin Megami games, they seemed alright for RPGs. Still got one called Digital Devil. My brother borrowed it for about 2 years and gave it me back the other day, don't dare play it yet because I have exams next week though.
Tic Tac, sir?
tasmwill

Post by tasmwill »

Yep, same developers of the Persona Games. Probably will be a turn based RPG as usual in Japanise games. But what I really liked on Persona was the plot of the game and the choices you can make during it.
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

tasmwill wrote:Yep, same developers of the Persona Games. Probably will be a turn based RPG as usual in Japanise games. But what I really liked on Persona was the plot of the game and the choices you can make during it.
It won't it's gonna be half Japanese ADV (think Snatcher) half like, run away platformer or something.