Next Gorillaz album made... on an iPad

TV, Movies, Music, Books and all that other entertainment type stuff...
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Next Gorillaz album made... on an iPad

Post by Reknoc »

http://www.nme.com/news/gorillaz/53816

Damon Albarn has said that the next Gorillaz album is due out before christmas and was made entirely on the iPad.

I don't care much for the iPad but it's a cool idea and I love Gorillaz so a new album is nothing but good news.
Tru
Level 14
Level 14

Post by Tru »

I agree, as much as I dislike the iPad, this is a really cool concept. Does the iPad have apps or whatever that can create a wide range of music?
RWDebara
Level 14
Level 14

Post by RWDebara »

Reknoc wrote: I love Gorillaz so a new album is nothing but good news.
Very good news, love their music can't wait
Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Gavvie »

If it's due out before Christmas, he needs the hurry the hell up and release it.

I do like Gorillaz. Each album has slipped more and more into hip-hop/RnB territory, which isn't really where I wanted to see them going, but they're still good enough to make good music.

Still think I prefer the first album over the other two, although Plastic Beach does some a very close second.
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Plastic Beach is the only one that's been hip-hopcentric, and totally awesome for it. Sweepstakes is one of the best tracks on the album.

Edit: Actually on second thought I don't think PB or DD has anymore hip-hop tracks than Gorillaz.
Killer French Bread
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Killer French Bread »

I had the first 2 albums, then lost track of them over the last few years. They're okay, did some nice songs like el manana and kids with guns, but something about the way they seem so manufactured means I could never get into them that much. It's not actually the same people on each album is it?

I'll probably give this a listen at some point on grooveshark.
Tic Tac, sir?
Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Gavvie »

I think it is, for the most part. A lot of collaborators ala Wings, but the core band remain the same.
MrEthernex
Level 10
Level 10

Post by MrEthernex »

I do like the Gorillaz, but I'm more intrigued with the fact that he recorded it all on an iPad. I've never really used one - just dick around with them in the Apple store - but of course they can do a lot. Pretty innovative (if not, creative) thinking on Albarn's part. Looking forward to hearing it.
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

While I admittedly know very little about creating music on an iPad I could imagine this being more similar to Gorillaz than Demon Days or Plastic Beach.
Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Gavvie »

Gorillaz announced yesterday that said album will be released on Christmas Day. For free.

It's what's behind Door 25 on their online Advent Calendar, which can be found here.

Yay, free music :D