Wikileaks

What it says on the tin...
Castleinferno
Level 1
Level 1

Wikileaks

Post by Castleinferno »

Hi all. I just wanted to hear some of your thoughts on the wikileaks issue. Maybe like what should or should have wikileaks done or the United States xD
It's not all sad to be blue :blink:... Look at Sonic :biggrin:
Wrath Oskvro
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: Bruh

Post by Wrath Oskvro »

What's Wikileaks?
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1cmXX ... T2LjS5oUOg Like guitars? Like games? Like Metal? Check my Youtoob.
RWDebara
Level 14
Level 14

Post by RWDebara »

^ Imagine Wikipedia but only filled with government secrets.
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

RWDebara wrote:^ Imagine Wikipedia but only filled with government secrets.
So it's inaccurate then?
RWDebara
Level 14
Level 14

Post by RWDebara »

Depends, i have no idea how it works. Dont know if you can just upload anything you want like wikipedia or you need to contact the wikileaks people to view it first.

So far everything seems accurate with all the bitching thats been going on.
Wayne The Game
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Wayne The Game »

Basically the guys who run it have loads of contacts and people that get in contact with them who are in extremely high up positions. And these people then leak info that they feel the general public should know. Not everyone agrees as they say it jeopardises national security in their relevant countries.

Here's BBC's dedicated site: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-11863274
And the actual site is http://www.wikileaks.org

Does this not really get reported in the states?
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

It does get reported upon: For example, Fox News wants Julian Assange (An Australian) arrested for treason for owning the site that leaked the info. There are a number of problems with this. 1: He's not American so he's not betraying his own country. 2: He wasn't the bloke who released the data in the first place, his site was just the one that published it. What's next? Arresting all British people because they don't believe in the US constitution and drive on the opposite side of the road?

It's interesting enough. I'm in the camp that the public has the right to know what their government is up to, as long as it's not anything as serious as the nuclear launch codes being released then I say fine: Let the world know.

It just so happens that Sweden says they have a warrant for this man's arrest just after the he owns website annoys the US government? Coincidence...
Tru
Level 14
Level 14

Post by Tru »

See, I'm not too sure about Julian Assange. On the one hand, I find it to be an odd coincidence that he's wanted for allegations of rape, but on the other hand, rape is a horrific crime and I cannot follow anyone who would commit such a thing, if it is true.

I do agree with Kaito though. I believe in what Wikileaks does, so long as it doesn't cause catastrophic harm. What these leaks have mostly shown is that world leaders act like school children in the playground.

I also don't think killing someone just for leaking such information is a vast overreaction. But, I'm a pacifist that thinks killing is wrong in any circumstance. The US reaction is idiotic though. It's hardly treason.
Wayne The Game
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Wayne The Game »

Kaito-kun wrote: It just so happens that Sweden says they have a warrant for this man's arrest just after the he owns website annoys the US government? Coincidence...
Absolutely not, that's why he has shown no hesitation at helping clear his name.

It's ridiculous that the states only feeds it's citizens what it wants them to know. And they have the cheek to moan about china's communist state.

I bet the news channels in the states never actually reported any of the leaked information, just that some Aussie is "attacking" their country.
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

CapnCloudchaser wrote:See, I'm not too sure about Julian Assange. On the one hand, I find it to be an odd coincidence that he's wanted for allegations of rape, but on the other hand, rape is a horrific crime and I cannot follow anyone who would commit such a thing, if it is true.
Oh, I agree with you there. I was just pointing out that I find the timing to be odd.
Wayne The Game wrote: It's ridiculous that the states only feeds it's citizens what it wants them to know.
Um...The media is like that in all of the world's nations, not just the US.