Summer of Sonic 11

Post here about events relating to SEGA.
Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Gavvie »

Hmm. Couldn't say for sure, but I know I'm going to expect to be spending a little more than that.

Seems to be a good starting total, though.
Tru
Level 14
Level 14

Post by Tru »

I spent about that just on merch last year, maybe more XD

Gonna be more conservative this year though ;)
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

CapnCloudchaser wrote: Gonna be more conservative this year though ;)
You're going to go dressed as George Osborne?
IvyRave
Level 10
Level 10

Post by IvyRave »

I'm hoping to get as much merchandise as possible as it's the only time I can get Sonic merchandise without saying 'it's a birthday present for my little brother' (I don't have a little brother BTW)
Am back for now:P
7Force
Level 10
Level 10

Post by 7Force »

Ok so what did we all think of this years event? I really enjoyed myself.
Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Gavvie »

It was a great event.

Think what you want about Julien-K (it was a great set, and the reasons why This Machine wasn't played are understandable, but we could've done without the F-Bombs), but the rest of the event went smoothly, and it was all just great fun.

It's a shame that I didn't get a chance to say hi to everybody from here who had attended, and I also wasn't able to get a photo taken with Julien-K, Naka-san or Iizuka-san, but yeah. Wouldn't have changed this weekend for the world.
Twinny
News Team
News Team
Preferred pronouns: He/Him

Post by Twinny »

Damn it, I missed it all! The chill dogs, Julien-K, cosplay, all of it! Can someone post a review of the event, maybe with some pics?

Oh Gav, what happened with the Julien-K set? Why wasn't This Machine played? How many F-bombs was dropped? Please, I need to know it all!
Radio:SEGA: Gang Since October 2010

Tru
Level 14
Level 14

Post by Tru »

Julien K didn't play any of the TWO Sonic songs they created, despite being at a Sonic convention and fans chanting for This Machine. Plus they swore three times with minors present. Really disappointing.

That's not SoS's fault though. The convention was awesome.
Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Gavvie »

CapnCloudchaser wrote:Julien K didn't play any of the TWO Sonic songs they created, despite being at a Sonic convention and fans chanting for This Machine. Plus they swore three times with minors present. Really disappointing.
I don't think Waking Up was ever considered to be on the setlist. As far as I can tell from discussions, it was only ever going to be This Machine.

As to why it wasn't in - they couldn't play it. I've been told they were rehearsing it like crazy during downtime on their tour, and they didn't want to come out and play it half-heartedly, in case it wasn't very well received.

The thing people need to understand is that, outside of the time they actually recorded This Machine, they've never played it live. Ever. They've also had a couple of lineup changes since then, so for a couple of the guys it was the first time they've ever tried to play it. It's not easy.

Yeah, it's disappointing, but it is what it is. They only swore two or three times, but that's a lead singer of a rock band doing what a lead singer of a rock band does. It's unfortunate, but it happens.
Tru
Level 14
Level 14

Post by Tru »

Poor excuses Gavvie. My opinion of them shall forever be tainted. And just because he is a 'rockstar' is no excuse to swear in front of kids either.