Summer of Sonic 11

Post here about events relating to SEGA.
Killer French Bread
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Killer French Bread »

Come on, you can learn how to play a song in a couple of days if you really bury yourself. They only had to trot out one song at some convention, not as if it had to be studio quality. A group of professional musicians should have been able to learn it in a couple of afternoons tops. If they really couldn't play it after rehearsing like 'crazy' that is embarrasing. I reckon they probably couldn't be bothered to learn it, this convention wasn't worth the effort to them.
Tic Tac, sir?
7Force
Level 10
Level 10

Post by 7Force »

Yes the F bombs were pretty bad and that they did not play any of the Sonic stuff but IMO i didn't really care I thought they rocked.
SimonShirley
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by SimonShirley »

I was out the back when Julien-K were performing. There performance was OK, but it isn't my sort of music.

Was great to meet everyone again this year and to meet up with a few new faces, Retrix and Mrs. Page amongst others :) .

I think this is the only year I've only taken around half a dozen photos, but then again, I was running around all day.

To those who probably thought they hadn't seen any RadioSEGA peeps at the event, if you received a SEGA bag and a Summer of Sonic t-shirt, then you saw some of us. I lost count at how many bags we made up!!
Long time lurker and sometimes chief assistant. More the former.
Page
Level 8
Level 8

Post by Page »

I had a brilliant time. Have to agree with Tru, Julien K were a disgrace, I was sitting with my little boy and his friend and the swearing was just wrong. A look around the room when they were playing showed not only disinterest but shock when the mouth started. Its a Sonic Con, not a rock concert. As professionals they should have at least tried, we would have all been behind them I think and respected them.

As for the rest, it was perfect. Great to see all of you guys, made some new friends which was awesome, bought a ton of merch which was expensive and rocked out to Jun which was awesome.

Meeting heroes, loving the hog and hanging with a brilliant bunch of people, what a way to spend a Saturday!

Page
Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Gavvie »

Oh yeah, I totally agree that they should've tried at the very least, I'm just sharing what I was told re: why they didn't.
Gonic
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Gonic »

SoS'11 was awesome. I was annoyed about waiting outside 3 hours to get inside a venue that was hardly full.

Juilen K were the worst band I ever saw on stage. I literally walked out the building after there first song. It's SoS not a Juilen k event. Meeting Yuki Naka, Kim and Graham from fast feet and all the stage entertaient was worth the wait.

I'm just sad I didn't meet any radiosega peeps :(
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Page wrote:As professionals
Heh....

hahahaha.