What do you drive?

What it says on the tin...
RWDebara
Level 14
Level 14

What do you drive?

Post by RWDebara »

Simple topic, What do you drive? How do ya get around?
Car? Truck? Motorcycle? Scooter? etc etc.
Anything special about your ride? Interesting story behind it?
Please tell :) Photo would be nice to.

I drive a 95' Jeep Grand Cherokee
Nothing special but for a car thats 15 years old it drives great.
Few things are broken though like the air conditioner which sucks in miami weather.
Attachments
002.jpg
mazonemayu
Level 9
Level 9

Post by mazonemayu »

I used to drive a black VW Golf 2 but she (finally) died 3 weeks ago. was 20 years old in 2011 :(

I got her from an old lady, long ago who had only used her to go to the store & visit her mother. I never changed anything about that car, the original cassette player was still installed till the end.I just kept on feeding it my old tapes, till it ate em.

felt kinda sad for the old thing; over the years she'd been covered with old hardcore & skate stickers :P

so now I just use my bike & skateboard. I don't have money for a new car atm, so it'll stay like that for a while. besides, I practically only used the old thing to drive to pools a skateparks, for the rest I always do everthing by bike/board, its good exercise.

I really don't have a decent pic of the thing. its in the back of this pic (yes, and that used to be my bike till last year. sold that one coz I needed money for the new appartment)

Wrath Oskvro
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: Bruh

Post by Wrath Oskvro »

98 Chevy Malibu. Nothing special but it gets me from a to b.

EDIT: ....where the hell did that thumbnail on my post come from?
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1cmXX ... T2LjS5oUOg Like guitars? Like games? Like Metal? Check my Youtoob.
Tru
Level 14
Level 14

Post by Tru »

I don't drive and have no intention of learning. It isn't really necessary to get around in Britain anyway, places can either be walked to and the public transport is pretty good around here, what with the bus routes and Metro.

My hubby cycles everywhere though and is a very keen cyclist. He's cycled from the west to the east coast and up mountains before. I quite enjoy it myself, but we don't have enough room for two bikes here at the moment, although we did used to have a tandem. Now that was fun!
gerbelbey
Level 2
Level 2

Post by gerbelbey »

my parents up the wall!!! (sorry i had to get that in before someone else did)

but seriously... i have just started to learn how to drive and to be honest im a little crap. if any of you serious drivers would like to give me any pointers it would be much appreciated.

i have never been great on names but all i know is that its a ford (dark blue)
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

CapnCloudchaser wrote:I don't drive and have no intention of learning. It isn't really necessary to get around in Britain anyway, places can either be walked to and the public transport is pretty good around here, what with the bus routes and Metro.
Pretty much this.
Killer French Bread
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Killer French Bread »

I don't drive but wish I did. It might be alright in the city and suburbs, but round my way public transport is shit. 1 bus to anywhere an hour after 5, so if I ever want to leave the village for a night out it's taxis all the way unless I can find a 'designated driver'.
Tic Tac, sir?
Tru
Level 14
Level 14

Post by Tru »

Even taxis are cheaper than owning a car these days though.
Wrath Oskvro
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: Bruh

Post by Wrath Oskvro »

^I wish I could say the same. I'm one of those who has to have a car to get to where I'm going. :\
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1cmXX ... T2LjS5oUOg Like guitars? Like games? Like Metal? Check my Youtoob.
Page
Level 8
Level 8

Post by Page »

Next to videogames, cars are my passion. I do trackdays (Spa, Nurburgring) Drift events (D1) and have run 2 Japanese car clubs. I write a motoring blog (http://www.motorfetish.wordpress.com for those interested) My current car is a Mk2 Polo thats been modified for fast road/track use, it looks stock from the outside unless you look hard at the suspension and brakes.

Mk4 ABD Golf engine swap, balanced bottom end, lightened and balanced flywheel re ground hotter cam, adjustable vernier, rebuilt top end, uprated springs and adjustable dampers, G40 brake conversion... blah blah....

basically its an absolute hoot to drive, handles well and has so much torque its just not funny.

Pics of all my cars are here: http://motorfetish.wordpress.com/my-cars/

Ok i have bored you enough...
________
Teen German