Please vote for my brother as "volunteer of the year"

What it says on the tin...
cyberbeast41
Level 2
Level 2

Please vote for my brother as "volunteer of the year"

Post by cyberbeast41 »

This isn't really a contest but rather and appreciation for people who volunteer a lot.
My brother has been nominated for this year's edition. Under the "how to vote", I'll explain some more on him.

(It's a belgian site but please follow this guide):
This is how you vote:
- surf to: http://kw.rnews.be/nl/regio/wvl/widget-1194881244869.htm
Down this page, choose "kies je gemeente" (translated: Choose your city). Choose "Heuvelland" from the list. Then click "bevestigen" (confirm).

- Down the next page, you get another list "Kies hier uw favoriet" (Pick your favourite here).
Choose "Philippe Algoet", then click "versturen" (send).

- On the next page, you need to fill out "naam" (name), "voornaam" (first name) and e-mail. Then click "versturen" (send).

- You're done.

When you enter your e-mail, you will not get enlisted to a newsletter, get spam or even a confirmation mail.

After our local authorities have decided to no longer care about the playground in our town, my brother to it upon him to look after it. Together with some friend and the local youth, he restored the playground in 2 days time (sanding, painting, repairing). To get fundings for this, we decided to organise a yearly event with a party, perfomances of artists, barbecue, etc...
In 10 years time, we could build all the following with the earnings of those festivities:
- a court for seniors to play a ball game (don't know the correct english word, it's calle "petanque" in French).
- a small shack for the youth
- 3 new swings (one very big one)
- a new sandbox
- an 8 meter high tower with slide.
- new benches
The playground is also the only place in town where everyone comes to meet: young kids, seniors, everyone.

As you are all aware, volunteering can take up a lot of time. In his case, it takes a huge amount of time to organise everything. It would be very appreciated if you voted
mazonemayu
Level 9
Level 9

Post by mazonemayu »

ha zit jij hier ook ;)
cyberbeast41
Level 2
Level 2

Post by cyberbeast41 »

mazonemayu wrote:ha zit jij hier ook ;)

Ja, vanaf het uiterste begin eigenlijk. Maar de site veranderde heel veel in het begin en was dikwijls offline. Dan heb ik het hier minder bezocht.

Kmoet stemmen ronselen é. :p
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

I feel I should subtly bring up the first of the forum rules...
Forum Rules wrote: Ensure your posts are all in correct, understandable English.

Another rule I should point out is this one:

Forum Rules wrote:No spamming or advertising.

I know it's for a nice cause, but I'm afraid I'm going to have to close this thread anyway.