SEGA Dreamcast Collection

Strictly SEGA related discussion.
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

crippenstation wrote: Anyway, I'm anxious to see all the non-Sonic titles that will be on here. Hopefully there's some sweet games.
Reknoc wrote:There isn't.
This.

It's SEGA Bass Fishing, Space Channel 5 part 2 and Crazy Taxi.
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

I think my brain is starting to register just how terrible this "collection" is.
LeeMan00
Level 2
Level 2

Post by LeeMan00 »

I was hoping it was going to offer something that PSN/XBLA doesn't already have...
It's thinking...
Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Gavvie »

That's misplaced hope right there, then.

There's no use complaining about it, really. It's a great way of distributing the games to the 12 or so people who don't have Xbox Live, but for those of us who were going to buy the games digitally, it's a little bit of a slap in the face.
Twinny
News Team
News Team
Preferred pronouns: He/Him

Post by Twinny »

Kaito-kun wrote:
It's SEGA Bass Fishing, Space Channel 5 part 2 and Crazy Taxi.
Reknoc wrote:I think my brain is starting to register just how terrible this "collection" is.
LeeMan00 wrote:I was hoping it was going to offer something that PSN/XBLA doesn't already have...
Gavvie wrote:
There's no use complaining about it, really. It's a great way of distributing the games to the 12 or so people who don't have Xbox Live, but for those of us who were going to buy the games digitally, it's a little bit of a slap in the face.

Just like I posted earlier, there's no reason to buy this "collection," unless you have none of those games on LiVE beforehand. SEGA trying to get that profit and what a better way than this.

So lets just be done with the complaining and dissapointment and move on, please?
Radio:SEGA: Gang Since October 2010

Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

mtwinny wrote: So lets just be done with the complaining and disappointment and move on, please?
...To what exactly? We can't speculate as to what it will contain any more. We know now and people are voicing their opinion on the collection. The only option left really. ^_^""
Twinny
News Team
News Team
Preferred pronouns: He/Him

Post by Twinny »

Kaito-kun wrote:...To what exactly? We can't speculate as to what it will contain any more. We know now and people are voicing their opinion on the collection. The only option left really. ^_^ ""

I saw the posts made here after the game came out and there's so much dissapointment on it. I know its their opinion and all, but just don't get the game and try to overlook it. Sorry if I'm being a bit rough in my post.

But your right about the part of if they'd add anymore. It waaayyyy too early for that! :P
Radio:SEGA: Gang Since October 2010

Killer French Bread
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Killer French Bread »

Kaito-kun wrote:
My only question regarding the Dreamcast collection is "Why start with Space Channel 5 Part 2 and not Space Channel 5 Part 1?" If it's not for the existing fanbase like Gavvie says then who exactly is it that's thinking "I'm going to try out a new franchise from the second game, not the first!"
Well it's quite sought after - only released in Japan for the DC and the European version on PS2 goes for loadsamoney. I'll probably get it for that reason. Some other series were released from a strange part too - Castlevania SotN, Ikaruga, Phantasy Star 2 off the top of my head. All had different reasons for doing so, but it shows it's not unprecedented.
Tic Tac, sir?
richarddavies
Level 14
Level 14

Post by richarddavies »

This is out on Friday. £17.99 at Base. At least it's a reasonable price if you look around.

http://www.base.com/-/-/DRCO360/product ... 1d5b481293