SEGA Dreamcast Collection

Strictly SEGA related discussion.
Rayne
Level 12
Level 12

SEGA Dreamcast Collection

Post by Rayne »

Linky

No details on what games will be included, or how many games will be included for that matter. If they really put a bit of effort into it and chuck a compilation of maybe 20 games then I can see myeslf getting quite excited over this.
RWDebara
Level 14
Level 14

Post by RWDebara »

Yea if its like the last genesis collection and has atleast 15 games its a must buy for me. (They better have jet grind radio...)
richarddavies
Level 14
Level 14

Post by richarddavies »

I'd be shocked if they put anywhere near that many games in the collection. I'd probably expect 3 or 4 in one collection and if it does well they'll keep releasing new volumes. I hope you guys are right though. A pack with about 20 Dreamcast games would be fantastic. I just don't see Sega being that nice to be honest lol.
Killer French Bread
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Killer French Bread »

Yeah it could either be one of the most brilliant compilations ever that is a fitting piece of fanservice to Dreamcast owners, or some shitty digital eclipse rush job to extract the last bit of nostalgia rattling around in the minds of people who "missed out" the first time round (i.e. those people who believed the PS2 could nuke Iraq and would have GT3 at launch).

What am I raving about, of course it will be the shitty digital eclipse hack job.
Tic Tac, sir?
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

I reckon it'll be the games that are being released onto Xbox Live/PSN. So that'll be Crazy Taxi, Sonic Adventure, SEGA Bass Fishing and Space Channel Five.

Jet Set Radio would be nice though. As would Shenmue.
Killer French Bread
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Killer French Bread »

Suppose Namco tried something like that, but they filled it out with a load of old arcade games. Just 4 DC games would feel like a bit of a waste of time. And it'll be interesting to hear what JSR sounds like if they couldn't even get the licence for the 3 and a half songs on Crazy Taxi.
Tic Tac, sir?
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

Killer French Bread wrote:And it'll be interesting to hear what JSR sounds like if they couldn't even get the licence for the 3 and a half songs on Crazy Taxi.
Ohh, that's a scary thought. Good thing the DC version is still find-able.
richarddavies
Level 14
Level 14

Post by richarddavies »

^Yeah it's not even dear. There's sealed copies on ebay for a fiver.
Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Gavvie »

The majority of the European JSR soundtrack was actually created in-house, I believe. The American version was the one with the most licensed tracks.

Looking forward to this Dreamcast Collection, but I have to agree that I think it'll just be the digital releases, only on a disc.
Wrath Oskvro
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: Bruh

Post by Wrath Oskvro »

Fighting Vipers 2 eh? That's cool.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1cmXX ... T2LjS5oUOg Like guitars? Like games? Like Metal? Check my Youtoob.