Which gaming series has the worst fanbase?

Non-SEGA? Shove your general gaming posts in here...
Gonic
Level 15
Level 15

Which gaming series has the worst fanbase?

Post by Gonic »

Fanbases, every game has them. But lets face it not all of them are, how do you put it? Mature? I dunno.
So in your opinion which gaming series has the worst fanbase and why? Most people already know i dislike sonic's fanbase the most as I made a post bout it not to long ago. Please be mature and fair in this thread.
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Quills on Wheels »

I don't really dislike any fanbase. And the only reason we really dislike the Sonic fanbase is because some people in the fanbase act like idiots and hate a Sonic game for no proper reason and give it a really stupid one like "Sonic's eye colour isn't right". I might have been one of them a few years ago but I changed thanks to the folks in RadioSega and some other people.
But I really don't dislike any fanbase.
richarddavies
Level 14
Level 14

Post by richarddavies »

By and large the Sonic fanbase is scary weird. Just take a look at the official Sega forum when you get chance. There off there tits. To be fair though im struggling to think of any fanbases that really tick me off. Most just obviously love what there a fan of and they'll defend it where they can.
IvyRave
Level 10
Level 10

Post by IvyRave »

I'm not being offensive in anyway but I've heard that Mario fanboys can be bad towards people who don't like Mario. I'm not saying that it is true but a friend told me that he was insulted by a group of them for being a Sonic fan.
All fanbases have their extremes and the Sonic fanbase can be bad especially when it comes to shipping
Shadid

Post by Shadid »

It has to be the Sonic fanbase, not even Mario's compared to it. While Mario's dish everyone who bashes Mario, we got to see one thing: His games are still enjoyable, no matter which ones. Mario Kart, Galaxy, New Super Mario Bros. DS and Wii, Party, etc.

Now, the Sonic Fanbase is worse. While the games are bad in gaming's eyes, the Fanbase tears itself apart. Ones like the game due to the characters, while other hate it due to the gameplay issues, others due to the style of Sonic. Me? I'm even, I may be a Sonic fan, but I can see where mistakes happen. Sonic Heroes was bad due to some gameplay issues and overall storyline. Shadow was abysmal due to being a game appealing to the West. Sonic '06 was an apocalypse of a rush job, with all bugs thrown in at you. Unleased was barely good, the only thing missing was platforming. And now, Sonic 4, Colours and Free Riders. Free Riders was bad, again, felt like a Rush job. 4 didn't have that classic feeling thanks to the level design, and Colours was the best 3D Sonic game out there.

But the fanbase just divides itself and want more out of Sonic. SEGA's mistake was making two types of games. The Adventure and the Classic series. That made the fanbase split up.

/rant
I live here now!
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Sonic fanbase, they nearly all seem to be a bunch of creepy weirdos. It's like the Final Fantasy fanbase but worse because it involves furries.

People who point out the Sonic Cycle and don't expect much aren't the fanbase, they're older gamers who just wish a franchise they used to like wasn't dragged in the dirt so much.
Gonic
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Gonic »

Shadid wrote: But the fanbase just divides itself and want more out of Sonic. SEGA's mistake was making two types of games. The Adventure and the Classic series. That made the fanbase split up.
Im an old school fan but like both series. But i like classic more lol
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Quills on Wheels »

And I like both but like the new ones more. :P
Gonic
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Gonic »

Shadid wrote: But the fanbase just divides itself and want more out of Sonic. SEGA's mistake was making two types of games. The Adventure and the Classic series. That made the fanbase split up.
Im an old school fan but like both series. But i like classic more. So that would make part of both fanbases? o.O Oh snap!

Edit: Console fanboys are horrible to :/ Esspically 360 ones.
Shadid

Post by Shadid »

Gonic wrote:Im an old school fan but like both series. But i like classic more. So that would make part of both fanbases? o.O Oh snap!
No, I like both series too, you're just a neutral Sonic fan. :P
I'm one too, but I care more about the gameplay and the gimmicks of Sonic games, things that were missing on Sonic games prior to Adventure 2.

And yes, Console fanboys are annoying, but when a country's all around Sony, it's worse, example, the Portuguese version of Eurogamer is filled with them. >_>
I live here now!