Respawn Point's Sonic Marathon Series

Post here about events relating to SEGA.
SimonShirley
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Respawn Point's Sonic Marathon Series

Post by SimonShirley »

The awesome guys at Respawn Point are hosting a seven day marathon in aid of the children's charity, Child's Play.

If you have a spare moment, why not go and visit, watch the marathon and donate to their worthy cause.

Feel free to join the chatroom and interact while they play every Sonic game they can get their hands on!

Oh, and did I mention prizes? They are raffling off a number of Sonic related games. A donation of just $3 will gain an entry to the raffles.

Visit http://www.sonicmarathon.com to watch them play and to join in the chat. If, like me, you prefer to chat using an IRC client, like we do here at RadioSEGA, they are on the QuakeNet server in the room, #sonicmarathon ([url]irc://irc.quakenet.org/sonicmarathon[/url]).

They are currently taking music requests as well, so if you have a favourite Sonic track, head over there and request it.
Long time lurker and sometimes chief assistant. More the former.
Shadid

Post by Shadid »

(Reviving this because this time it's grown strong!)
This time, the crew returns! Respawn Point's back once again to play (and feel the pain due to '06) the most Sonic games they can play within a week, starting 28th December 2012 to 4th January 2013, all to support Child's Play, a charity aimed to bring video games to children's hospitals.

The full game list is here:
&quot wrote:Like last year we've got seperate lists of games. We'll be playing for 7 days straight so the vast majority of these games, if not all of them, will end up getting played and completed, regardless of the list they happen to be on. The Will Play games are just the ones we're focused on.

Will Play:

Sonic The Hedgehog
Sonic The Hedgehog 2
Sonic CD
Sonic The Hedgehog 3&K
Sonic Adventure
Sonic Adventure 2
Sonic Heroes
Sonic 2006
Sonic Unleashed
Sonic The Hedgehog 4: Episode 1
Sonic The Hedgehog 4: Episode 2
Sonic Colours
Sonic Generations
Sonic All-Stars Racing Transformed
Something special...

May Play:

Sonic Advance
Sonic Advance 2
Sonic Advance 3
Sonic Battle
Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing
Sega Superstars Tennis
Sonic 1 (MS)
Sonic 2 (MS)
Sonic Chaos
Sonic: Triple Trouble
Sonic Blast
Sonic 3D
Shadow the Hedgehog
Sonic and the Secret Rings
Sonic and the Black Knight
Sonic R
Sonic The Fighters
Sonic Shuffle
Sonic Spinball
Sonic Riders
Knuckles' Chaotix
Assorted Fan games
And as for previous years, donating will get you prizes! By donating a little, you enter a raffle for a vast array of prizes from our blue blur, so keep your eyes peeled!

So head on to either http://www.sonicmarathon.com or http://en.twitch.tv/respawnpoint to watch the stream, talk to fellow Sonic and/or SEGA fans and to donate! The children will thank you.

(Note: If the Twitch stream fails, head onto [url=irc://irc.quakenet.org/respawnpoint]irc://irc.quakenet.org/respawnpoint[/url] to chat with everyone.)
I live here now!
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

Man I cannot wait for this. Truly a wonderful job they did last year.
Twinny
News Team
News Team
Preferred pronouns: He/Him

Post by Twinny »

Respawn Point's back! Awesome work they did last time should be a great time this year! Remember staying up thru the night watching them play a multitude of games (thought I missed out on Heroes' Metal Madness/Overlord boss due to timezones). Hey maybe we can let RP known we're sponsoring their event?
Radio:SEGA: Gang Since October 2010

Shadid

Post by Shadid »

mtwinny wrote:Respawn Point's back! Awesome work they did last time should be a great time this year! Remember staying up thru the night watching them play a multitude of games (thought I missed out on Heroes' Metal Madness/Overlord boss due to timezones). Hey maybe we can let RP known we're sponsoring their event?
I remember that too well! I even remember when I lost the bet of Zack beating Silver's Episode in less than 4 hours and was forced to sing my beta version (of many) of City Escape. xD

And I'm gonna write up an article tomorrow and then contact him in terms of sponsorship!
I live here now!
Twinny
News Team
News Team
Preferred pronouns: He/Him

Post by Twinny »

Shadid wrote:I remember that too well! I even remember when I lost the bet of Zack beating Silver's Episode in less than 4 hours and was forced to sing my beta version (of many) of City Escape. xD

And I'm gonna write up an article tomorrow and then contact him in terms of sponsorship!
Ahhhhahahah! I mean awww poor Shadid.... XD

If the contact goes through, then make it a feature!
Radio:SEGA: Gang Since October 2010

Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Quills on Wheels »

ah cool. Fancy seeing those guys again.

I'll be sure to watch them.
SimonShirley
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by SimonShirley »

I'm hoping that I can watch more of it this year. Normally I get interrupted by work or other commitments. However, I have the Christmas period off work!

Should be good. :)
Long time lurker and sometimes chief assistant. More the former.
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Quills on Wheels »

Hmm... did anyone find the Sign Up or Register button in their forums?

I figured I might as well rejoin after my disappearance but I just can't seem to find anything other then the Log in option.
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

Quills on Wheels wrote:Hmm... did anyone find the Sign Up or Register button in their forums?

I figured I might as well rejoin after my disappearance but I just can't seem to find anything other then the Log in option.
...oh crap I forgot I joined their forums. Man it's been a whole effing year...lolz.