Sonic's 20th Anniversary Teaser Site Gone Live

Strictly SEGA related discussion.
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Quills on Wheels »

The Sonic Adventure Series weren't that bad. It might have only lost 1/4 of the fan base but it began to get less with Shadow the hedgehog and Sonic Heroes, Sonic R and other stuff.
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Sonic R came out before Sonic Adventure and was only a spinoff anyway.
Gonic
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Gonic »

Even i think Sonic Adventure 3 is a bad idea. What they had in colours worked so what they should do is make a game improving on that formula. Or just make a brand new 2D sonic game
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

Reknoc wrote:SEGA was just piggybacking off Capcoms nostalgia cannon success with Megaman and to a lesser extent Bionic Commando, they failed but that's not the point. The reason why it's unlikely to be Sonic Adventure 3 or why Sonic Adventure 3 is likely to ever exist is because not many people really give a shit about Sonic's failed attempt into 3D. Sonic Adventure 3 wouldn't have nearly as big an impact to the fans as Sonic 4 did so really there's no point in it.
This, coupled with the fact that the only people who still give a damn about the Adventure games are the more obsessive fans, your average/casual gamer doesn't care: The only reason that person may have bought Donic 4 is because it reminded them of the Mega Drive version of their youth.
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Yea and you can't really do that with Sonic Adventure. Even if they did they'd fuck it up.
Kraiola
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Kraiola »

Why do i feel like i started this argument.. D=