Sonic's 20th Anniversary Teaser Site Gone Live

Strictly SEGA related discussion.
Twinny
News Team
News Team
Preferred pronouns: He/Him

Sonic's 20th Anniversary Teaser Site Gone Live

Post by Twinny »

Happy New Year...Japan! Looks like SEGA of Japan got in early on the Blue Blur's big 20th with a teaser site
There's the link >>>>http://sonic.sega.jp/20th/

So...what do you guys think about this? What predictions you guys and gals have coming from the site and its message (which I'm pretty sure none of us knows what its means anyway :P )

Speak, or rather type, your mind below.

EDIT: (If this doesn't seem to be the right place for the edit can the mods make a new thread for this, if possible?Thanks!)

In case no one has mentioned it there's a new websitethat SEGA just opened up celebrating Sonic's 20th anniversary. It even has a cool video retrospective of the Blue Blur; looks pretty neat to me.
Radio:SEGA: Gang Since October 2010

Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Gavvie »

That'll no doubt where the Sonic Anniversary announcement will happen, if that's even the right name for the game.
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Gavvie wrote:That'll no doubt where the Sonic Anniversary announcement will happen, if that's even the right name for the game.
Sonic 1 remade in using the Colours engine and the story rewritten to tie in with Colours story?
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Quills on Wheels »

I am really having High hopes for the 20th anniversary game. I just hope it's not a big disappointment like 06. Of course not forgetting that 06 was rushed. So if they don't rush this game, It will be probably OK.
Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Gavvie »

Reknoc wrote:Sonic 1 remade in using the Colours engine and the story rewritten to tie in with Colours story?
If the rumours are true, it's supposed to be a "Best of" game, taking the best levels from the main game series (Sonic 1 up to Sonic Adventure 2, so the first 10 years), and sprucing them up in the Colours style, yeah.

Tis just a massive rumour at present, however.
Matty
Level 14
Level 14

Post by Matty »

I like how the sites done in flash so you cant use a translator :P
tasmwill

Post by tasmwill »

Well, hope some really good game will come from this.
Tru
Level 14
Level 14

Post by Tru »

Gah, I hate teaser sites, they never tell you anything and just get you excited for months and months when they finally reveal a vague picture.. Which I suppose is the point of a teaser site, but still!

I'm kinda hoping they do some sort of collectible item, like they've done before, only I'm an adult now and actually have a chance of owning it.
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

Doesn't seem to be much infor on the site. From what I can pick up it's mainly waffle about how Sonic has been with us over the past twenty years and has been exported to many different media, including games, anime, films and apparel.
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Quills on Wheels »

I really need to start learning Japanese...
Than again, I don't think so...