Favourite Sega Memories... In Real Life!

Strictly SEGA related discussion.
Tru
Level 14
Level 14

Favourite Sega Memories... In Real Life!

Post by Tru »

This is a thread specifically for your favourite Sega memories outside of the games themselves. It could include the release of a certain game you had been waiting for or the launch of a console and your experiences from that day, anything where Sega created a memory within your life.

For example, I have a ton of memories. The first time I played on a Sega console, when I got my Mega Drive for Christmas, being ill for six weeks after having my tonsils removed and playing games all throughout, when I went to Sega World and bought NiGHTS into Dreams with the analogue pad, when I went on the Sega Bus, when I stayed up all night Christmas 1999 in order to connect to the Internet via my Dreamcast.. SO MANY.

One of my favourite memories which I'll never forget is when Sega gave away Chu Chu Rocket for free. It was such a awesome gesture by Sega and I was incredibly excited to get my copy in the post and play it online. Sega have done many promotions like this in the past, such as giving away Christmas NiGHTS free, and their Free Stuff Friday's now. That's partly why Sega is my favourite game company. They know how to have fun and they can be pretty generous at times!

What about your memories?
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Quills on Wheels »

I'll never forget the day my uncle gave me Sonic Adventure DX for the first time. I was so excited and I still have the old CD but it doesn't work. Still a good memory and I also will never forget dreaming about Sonic Adventure DX after my CD had screwed up for months and I couldn't play the game.
tasmwill

Post by tasmwill »

When my mom gave me my Mega Drive. It was totally unexpected, it was far away from my birthday or Christmas, I just got home after school and saw my uncle trying to install it on the living room TV. Kind of thing that sticks at the memory and is so vivid I can remember all the details of that scene.
Killer French Bread
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Killer French Bread »

Seeing Virtua Fighter in the arcades for the first time and thinking it was the most badass thing ever.
Tic Tac, sir?
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

tasmwill wrote:When my mom gave me my Mega Drive. It was totally unexpected, it was far away from my birthday or Christmas, I just got home after school and saw my uncle trying to install it on the living room TV. Kind of thing that sticks at the memory and is so vivid I can remember all the details of that scene.
That's pretty much what happened to me those days. As I might have said before, My parent never really bought for me any consoles and the first console they actually bought was the PS2 but I also had a Genesis as a gift from my uncle and it wasn't even my birthday. I remember that day when we had a small party and my grandparents and uncles and aunts had came to our house and I suddenly saw one of my uncles holding a Genesis and I was soooooo excited and he quickly set it up and I started playing it non stop. I remember I tried playing just that Genesis game that I could never finish it was just confusing.

I also remember those days that I and my dad always used to play Teen Age Mutant Ninja Turtles with each other on 2 player and finished it. It was a really good game and I remember we used to piss each other off by getting the Pizza box even though it wasn't much of a difference anyway. I also remember playing streets of Rage 1 with him and we finally finished it once... or did we lose? Anyway, but I have better memories with TMNT.
Speaking of Streets of Rage I remember playing number 3 with my uncle all the time. It was so addicting and we always tried to get more stars to unlock new moves and I always or most times became Axel or the kangaroo and he became the old man and we played a lot. I only managed to get 1 star though.
RWDebara
Level 14
Level 14

Post by RWDebara »

Walking into Gameworks for the first time here in Miami. (Owned by SEGA)
JoeMusashi
Level 1
Level 1

Post by JoeMusashi »

I used to live in San Francisco and ride by Sega's offices all the time on my way to school or to Berkeley from San Francisco to visit my Dad. Seeing the sign used to make me wish I worked there. =P

Wrath Oskvro
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: Bruh

Post by Wrath Oskvro »

My story's not really anything special..but it is memorable for me. My brother had a SNES, we both had a NES, and my parents were friends with this video game seller at this flea market, because my dad would always repair his equipment. One day, he brought over a Sega Genesis Model 2, and was playing Sonic 2 on it. Of course, my reaction was "WOW!" because I'd never seen anything like it, and of course the system itself looks damn cool. So he takes it back, and then for a while, just going to random peoples houses that my brother new, one kid had a Genesis, and I played it for a little while, but of course I was really young so mostly the older kids had the controller. And of course, they were playing Sonic 2.

About a year later or so, my dad brought home the Genesis Model 2, same one that Roy (flea market guy) had and basically said it's mine now, and thats the first system I've ever had that was actually mine.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1cmXX ... T2LjS5oUOg Like guitars? Like games? Like Metal? Check my Youtoob.
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

It's funny how most people's first sonic game ever saw or had was Sonic 2.
Killer French Bread
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Killer French Bread »

Was it? Most people around my age I know played the first one first. The passing of time must have decided Sonic 2 was the chosen one that gets shown to new kids these days.
Tic Tac, sir?