Spambots

Have something to say, or having any issues? Let us know...
Option
Level 12
Level 12

Spambots

Post by Option »

Hello everybody.

As some of you might've noticed, we've been under attack of spambots in the past couple days.
Don't worry, we're working on a solution and meanwhile are trying to observe the forums and delete all spambots and their threads.

However, obviously, we can't be here 24/7 and might even overlook something, so I would like to urge you using the report button ( Image ) if you see a spambot posting in a thread or creating one. Please do not abuse it, though.

It's not a huge problem, I just felt the obligation to tell you guys what's going on and why there's so many new registrations and threads disappearing.
"The sub-structure of the universe regresses infinitely towards smaller and smaller components. Behind atoms we find electrons - and behind electrons, quarks. Each layer unravelled reveals new secrets, but also new mysteries."
- Academician Prokhor Zakharov, For I Have Tasted The Fruit
Tru
Level 14
Level 14

Post by Tru »

Thanks for the update, Option!
SilverSonic
Level 3
Level 3

Post by SilverSonic »

Thanks for letting us know, Option!
Wrath Oskvro
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: Bruh

Post by Wrath Oskvro »

I haven't registered in what, 2 years? So I don't remember but is there any type of a Captcha thing when users register? That can prevent bots..not all but most. As long as someone doesn't manually register first.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1cmXX ... T2LjS5oUOg Like guitars? Like games? Like Metal? Check my Youtoob.
tasmwill

Post by tasmwill »

I'll keep on eye on them :unsure:
Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Gavvie »

We've noticed that the majority of Spambots are registering from the US Timezones.

To combat these attacks, I've temporarily promoted Sound Reaper up to Admin status, so he will be around to IP ban and suchlike when the other Admins aren't. As soon as this has all blown over, he'll return to his usual Playlist duties.

As a side note, if you happen to experience any problems logging onto RadioSEGA from this point forwards, could you send me an email with your username and IP address to gavvie(AT)radiosega(DOT)net, and I can look into it.

Bear with us, we will get this all sorted out.
Tealer
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Tealer »

I just passed Gavvie something which SHOULD work. If it doesn't, shoot me.
Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Gavvie »

Whilst we try that out, I have also temporarily CLOSED registrations. That's it boys and girls, we're locked in.

That said, the spambots are also locked out, so that'll definitely stop them for the time being.
Sound Reaper
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Sound Reaper »

>...>

Well, let the constructing begin ;D.
I wasn't going to return until I had something worthwhile to share sooooo....Image
Kraiola
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Kraiola »

Don't you guys have CAPTCHA?