Wrecks Factor

Post here about events relating to SEGA.
ResidentSD
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by ResidentSD »

MTails wrote:....And that forfeit vid scared me away...
Seriously though, I found this out too late (and having no musical skill was a tiny factor...).
Till another year maybe.
Looking forward to listening to you guys!
Don't worry about the forfeit - that's only for the 'all stars category' (i.e top community people plus previous all comers category winners). Anyone finding out about the contest via RS (and so is new to all this) would definitely be in the 'all comers' category which doesn't have a forfeit.
Tru
Level 14
Level 14

Post by Tru »

The forfeits are amazing though, any who are forced to perform them should feel proud XD
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Quills on Wheels »

Retrix wrote:Biggest sonic fan: Previous years' entries are up on Sonic Wrecks by the way.
2009–102008–092007–08
Oh, heh, thanks. :blush:
Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Gavvie »

Heed my words - I will enter Wrecks Factor next year, if there is one. Seeing as I've now got a year to prepare, I can get to writing a rap section to drop into the middle of Escape from the City.

Oh yeah, I need to somehow edit the music to actually fit a rap section in as well. Hmm...
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Well from looking at the previous entries, I believe I might have a chance. Although, I have no idea how to record my singing.
But besides that, I'm thinking about Endless Possibilities or maybe Reach for the stars or It doesn't matter. But as I said, I'm worried about how to record my singing and all.
Tru
Level 14
Level 14

Post by Tru »

All you need is a mic, Windows comes with sound recorder and you can edit in music with free software like Audacity.

Sometimes a webcam can be good as a mic, or even a Rock Band mic, as I found out recently!
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

I'll see about that when one month is remaining till next Wrecks factor. Just remind me please.
vger
Level 1
Level 1

Post by vger »

CapnCloudchaser wrote:The forfeits are amazing though, any who are forced to perform them should feel proud XD
Pride is not the first thing that comes to mind when I think about it.
SimonShirley
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by SimonShirley »

Having not entered, or followed too closely to the Wrecks Factor in previous years, anyone know of a deadline for the next one?

I'm yet to enter, despite having an entry about 65-70% complete over the last two years.

Only a handful of people have heard it, including Bentley Jones!!

"Hahaha.... "one day da dee da blee blah blee..." Most incredible mis-lyric ever!! ^^ It's still a great entry dude." - BJ (via twitter)
Long time lurker and sometimes chief assistant. More the former.
Retrix
Level 9
Level 9

Post by Retrix »

foreversonic wrote:Having not entered, or followed too closely to the Wrecks Factor in previous years, anyone know of a deadline for the next one?
Nothing has been announced about the next Wrecks Factor yet, but the deadline is usually around the end of the calendar year.
This is why a lot of songs are often Christmas-themed.
There was an echidna from Vegas
Whose hairstyle was totally outrageous
When asked by the cops
Why the dreadlocks
He told them the idea was Sega's

​— The Typing of the Dead