Wrecks Factor

Post here about events relating to SEGA.
Tru
Level 14
Level 14

Wrecks Factor

Post by Tru »

Hey guys,

Wrecks Factor is the yearly singing competition hosted by AAUK, host of Radio Redux, and the Sonic Wrecks crew where you can sing whatever Sonic or Sega song you like, with bonus points for unique music or created lyrics.
For those not familiar with the event that’s been going since 2006, has featured at all three Summer Of Sonic’s and yet somehow people don’t recognise it. The Wrecks Factor is the now annual end of season competition that pits Sonic Fan against Sonic Fan in a battle to see who can sing the best, as you can see its become quite the institution!

The rules are fairly simple, we want you to produce a version of an existing Sonic OR SEGA song, bonus points are given for creative variation – be it sung in another language, in a duet or in some way different to its main competition has now split into two with the “known” faces of the Community and previous winners forming the “All-Stars” group and the second group forming the “All-Commers” group. There is a penalty for coming last in the all-stars category however… you must produce another song of my choosing – in the past its been the DK Rap, but it could be anything – the worst I can think of!

You can read more and find out how to enter here on the Sonic Wrecks site.

The deadline has just been extended to the 30th of January, so now you have time to get your entries in!

Myself, Dartanian and Gerbelbey are some RS-ers that have already entered, so why not join in? ;)

I'm hoping someone does My Dear Friend, Rally one day...
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Quills on Wheels »

I'm really interested in this. But I never knew this existed so I never really spent time creating something.
Probably next year but I'm really interested.
Just a few questions,
First, Is there any prize?
And second, If you just sing an already existing song, does that count?
Tru
Level 14
Level 14

Post by Tru »

Actually, I have no idea if there is a prize, I think the music is played on Radio Redux though, someone else would have to confirm it as this is my first time :biggrin:

You can sing an existing Sonic or Sega song, but you get bonus points for creativity, such as singing one Sonic song to the tune of another, or creating your own music/lyrics.
SimonShirley
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by SimonShirley »

CapnCloudchaser wrote: The deadline has just been extended to the 30th of January, so now you have time to get your entries in!
Nice one!! I'm off work next week, so I'll get cracking on finishing my entry. :biggrin:
Long time lurker and sometimes chief assistant. More the former.
Tru
Level 14
Level 14

Post by Tru »

Only five days left guys, so if anyone is working on a entry, hop to it!
Retrix
Level 9
Level 9

Post by Retrix »

Just completed my entry now in fact. It's one song to the tune of another, and I've chosen two non-Sonic SEGA songs which I hope will give the contest a bit more variety. I'm no great singer, but I hope you like my effort. :biggrin:
There was an echidna from Vegas
Whose hairstyle was totally outrageous
When asked by the cops
Why the dreadlocks
He told them the idea was Sega's

​— The Typing of the Dead
MTails
Level 9
Level 9

Post by MTails »

....And that forfeit vid scared me away...
Seriously though, I found this out too late (and having no musical skill was a tiny factor...).
Till another year maybe.
Looking forward to listening to you guys!
Click to reveal
If you can see me, welcome to the HB Club: RadioSEGA Branch! Take a seat, and hopefully you'll be released soon. Or maybe you'll rot here forever, who knows?
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Quills on Wheels »

Yeah, I better see what you guys have done and than see if I can do a song.
Tru
Level 14
Level 14

Post by Tru »

Retrix wrote:Just completed my entry now in fact. It's one song to the tune of another, and I've chosen two non-Sonic SEGA songs which I hope will give the contest a bit more variety. I'm no great singer, but I hope you like my effort. :biggrin:
Awesome, can't wait to hear it!

I'm no singer either, so feel free to ignore mine XD
Retrix
Level 9
Level 9

Post by Retrix »

Biggest sonic fan: Previous years' entries are up on Sonic Wrecks by the way.
2009–102008–092007–08
There was an echidna from Vegas
Whose hairstyle was totally outrageous
When asked by the cops
Why the dreadlocks
He told them the idea was Sega's

​— The Typing of the Dead