The "RadioSEGA needs THIS song!" topic

Have something to say, or having any issues? Let us know...
SenPyro
Level 1
Level 1

Post by SenPyro »

I remember playing it on a Master System though.
Well, I guess my memory failed me :P
Ravsieg
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Ravsieg »

If we're having a Virtua Fighter special, this: http://segaretro.org/Virtua_Fighter_%26 ... sic_Tracks might come in handy! As long as it's doable. :P

As far as I could check, the database here on RadioSEGA only got the original tracks for at least VF2 (don't remember if the same applies to VF1) whilst only Sarah's and Jacky's Arrange version are there on a SEGAAges album. And let's face it: my generation grew with the Saturn version, which used Arrange. Most are legendary!
KC
Administrator
Administrator

Post by KC »

Ravsieg wrote:If we're having a Virtua Fighter special, this: http://segaretro.org/Virtua_Fighter_%26 ... sic_Tracks might come in handy! As long as it's doable. :P

As far as I could check, the database here on RadioSEGA only got the original tracks for at least VF2 (don't remember if the same applies to VF1) whilst only Sarah's and Jacky's Arrange version are there on a SEGAAges album. And let's face it: my generation grew with the Saturn version, which used Arrange. Most are legendary!
I believe what you're looking for is known as "Virtua Fighter ~ The Strongest Warriors" and "Virtua Fighter 2 ~ Dancing Shadows" in our playlist. I could be wrong though. I'm not that knowledgeable when it comes to VF. Check it out and let me know. :)
Ravsieg
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Ravsieg »

Strongest Warriors is right, but Dancing Shadows has nothing to do with VF2 gameplay tracks. :P
supershadow01
Level 4
Level 4

Post by supershadow01 »

I see you don't have any music from Beyond Oasis yet. I think that could add more variety to this channel, being "16-bit orchestral music." Come on, the legendary Yuzo Koshiro composed the music to the game!
"If the world chooses to become my enemy...I will fight like I always have!" -Shadow, Sonic the Hedgehog (2006)
Twinny
News Team
News Team
Preferred pronouns: He/Him

Post by Twinny »

supershadow01 wrote:I see you don't have any music from Beyond Oasis yet. I think that could add more variety to this channel, being "16-bit orchestral music." Come on, the legendary Yuzo Koshiro composed the music to the game!
We do in fact! Just we used the Japanese version name known as "The Story of Thor." The game was originally released there in Japan as well in Europe under said name so that variant gets top billing; the one used for here in North America is the alternative title on RS.
Radio:SEGA: Gang Since October 2010

supershadow01
Level 4
Level 4

Post by supershadow01 »

Twinny wrote:We do in fact! Just we used the Japanese version name known as "The Story of Thor." The game was originally released there in Japan as well in Europe under said name so that variant gets top billing; the one used for here in North America is the alternative title on RS.
Ah. My problem was that I was looking in "S" instead of "T." I am so used to looking up titles in an encyclopedic system (first letter of title that is NOT an article) that I didn't realize that it would be under "The." Just some confusion on the RadioSEGA alphabetizing convention on my part.
"If the world chooses to become my enemy...I will fight like I always have!" -Shadow, Sonic the Hedgehog (2006)
Vixtro
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Vixtro »

I been away a little while, come back, noticed all the karaoke versions of the Maimai tracks have been, seemingly, removed. Why is this? :unsure:
KC
Administrator
Administrator

Post by KC »

Vixtro wrote:I been away a little while, come back, noticed all the karaoke versions of the Maimai tracks have been, seemingly, removed. Why is this? :unsure:
There's no real sense in having the instrumental or karaoke versions of tracks which, originally, have vocals. It's a bit repetitive.
Vixtro
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Vixtro »

KC wrote:There's no real sense in having the instrumental or karaoke versions of tracks which, originally, have vocals. It's a bit repetitive.
Not being funny, I respect the original versions with vocals, but I enjoyed the instrumental versions as well (Pi Pi Pa Puu!, in particular). I don't agree that it gets repetitive, there's plenty of duplicates of other songs on the 24/7 playlist already, some even are just straight copies. For example, "Jungle -A Lush Load-" (one of my fave PSO songs) is on both the "Phantasy Star Online" and "Phantasy Star Online Episode 1&2" albums.

Dare I say, I wouldn't even mind if the instrumental versions of Sonic R were uploaded. One of my favourite things to do was queue the album up in an order so the instrumental versions would play before the originals, so it made it just that bit more special when the vocal tracks played. Although this wouldn't really be possible in the 24/7 stream because only 1 song from a game per 30 minutes.