The "RadioSEGA needs THIS song!" topic

Have something to say, or having any issues? Let us know...
Twinny
News Team
News Team
Preferred pronouns: He/Him

Post by Twinny »

Gavvie wrote:The only exception I could see to this would be Shenmue III, as SEGA have no involvement with that at all as far as I can tell.
But is the IP still retained by SEGA? Pretty sure it is, so its music could possibly end up on the station, as Bayonetta 2 is (and by extension Bayo: Bloody Fate).
Radio:SEGA: Gang Since October 2010

Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Gavvie »

As far as I understand, SEGA retained the license to Shenmue and Shenmue II, but have released the license for Shenmue III to Ys Net, so no, SEGA have nothing to do with this release.
Twinny
News Team
News Team
Preferred pronouns: He/Him

Post by Twinny »

Gavvie wrote:As far as I understand, SEGA retained the license to Shenmue and Shenmue II, but have released the license for Shenmue III to Ys Net, so no, SEGA have nothing to do with this release.
Oh I see. Guess the only chance of Shenmue 3's music being played is strictly during live shows.
Radio:SEGA: Gang Since October 2010

Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Gavvie »

Nono, this is the point I'm making - as staff we'll have to discuss it, but I think we should make a special exception for Shenmue III.
kamifox1
Level 2
Level 2

Post by kamifox1 »

I have a new suggestion, the Mega CD version of Earthworm Jim. I see that's not there. I'm not sure if they licensed it or anything though.
KC
Administrator
Administrator

Post by KC »

Gavvie wrote:As far as I understand, SEGA retained the license to Shenmue and Shenmue II, but have released the license for Shenmue III to Ys Net, so no, SEGA have nothing to do with this release.
If SEGA licensed it to YS Net, then they still own the IP. Much like Bayonetta 2, that's all we need to add it to the playlist.

As for Earthworm Jim: Special Edition (as I believe the CD version was called), it wasn't developed or published by SEGA, so, sadly, it doesn't qualify.
kamifox1
Level 2
Level 2

Post by kamifox1 »

Ah, shame. :(
Jamie64326
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Jamie64326 »

Is it possible to have the demo versions of the Sonic 1 and 2 soundtrack by Masato Nakamura?
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

Jamie64326 wrote:Is it possible to have the demo versions of the Sonic 1 and 2 soundtrack by Masato Nakamura?
I thought we have the official S1&2 soundtrack on the playlist for those games.

Oh we have the mobile 'remastered' versions huh.
Jamie64326
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Jamie64326 »

TheChaosBlue wrote:I thought we have the official S1&2 soundtrack on the playlist for those games.

Oh we have the mobile 'remastered' versions huh.
Yeah we've got the remastered soundtracks, and the original Mega Drive soundtracks. I wanted to see if we could get the demo versions released on the Sonic 1 & 2 album released a few years back.