The "RadioSEGA needs THIS song!" topic

Have something to say, or having any issues? Let us know...
supershadow01
Level 4
Level 4

Post by supershadow01 »

Do you have any music from Mega Man: The Wily Wars/Rockman Mega World yet? I really like Mega Man games and think it would be cool to hear music from that series.
"If the world chooses to become my enemy...I will fight like I always have!" -Shadow, Sonic the Hedgehog (2006)
Twinny
News Team
News Team
Preferred pronouns: He/Him

Post by Twinny »

supershadow01 wrote:Do you have any music from Mega Man: The Wily Wars/Rockman Mega World yet? I really like Mega Man games and think it would be cool to hear music from that series.
The game wasn't published by SEGA anywhere so it can't be added, unfortunately.
Radio:SEGA: Gang Since October 2010

supershadow01
Level 4
Level 4

Post by supershadow01 »

Twinny wrote:The game wasn't published by SEGA anywhere so it can't be added, unfortunately.
Okay. That also explains why you don't have anything like Castlevania: Bloodlines, for example. Could you (at least theoretically) then have Frogger music since SEGA-Gremlin published it?

UPDATE: Oh, you do for the Commodore 64... Interesting.
"If the world chooses to become my enemy...I will fight like I always have!" -Shadow, Sonic the Hedgehog (2006)
kamifox1
Level 2
Level 2

Post by kamifox1 »

Radio SEGA, hint's kinda in the name there...

Anyway, I want to suggest anything from SATAM or Sonic Underground, not sure how easy it would be to get those in a way that would avoid any legal issues or whatever though.
supershadow01
Level 4
Level 4

Post by supershadow01 »

kamifox1 wrote:Radio SEGA, hint's kinda in the name there...
Still doesn't make everything black and white, though. I guess that's the problem of having a website like this--knowing where to cut off the limits of accepting music. I could see three different possibilities: only including games developed by SEGA, having games developed or produced by SEGA, or including all games that were on SEGA consoles. And it seems that RadioSEGA has chosen the second option.
Whooa21
Dev Team
Dev Team

Post by Whooa21 »

The Latter option wouldn't be possible due to licensing issues. FYI
kamifox1
Level 2
Level 2

Post by kamifox1 »

Yeah, the last option isn't possible due to licensing issues, as Whooa21 said.
KC
Administrator
Administrator

Post by KC »

Whooa21 wrote:The Latter option wouldn't be possible due to licensing issues. FYI
Well, it would be, as we're not technically allowed to play SEGA music either the way we do either. They just choose to look the other way. This is way we've been allowing non-SEGA music to be played on live shows these days. That being said, we're still RadioSEGA so for a game to be in the playlist SEGA has to have had some kind of involvement with it or, at least, own the IP (see Bayonetta 2).
Gum
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Gum »

Ooh, good idea for a thread!

I'd love to see Bright Sound ft. Tabitha Fair / Dry Lagoon from SA2 be added, it's a nice track to listen to.[h=1][/h]
Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Gavvie »

KC wrote:Well, it would be, as we're not technically allowed to play SEGA music either the way we do either. They just choose to look the other way. This is way we've been allowing non-SEGA music to be played on live shows these days. That being said, we're still RadioSEGA so for a game to be in the playlist SEGA has to have had some kind of involvement with it or, at least, own the IP (see Bayonetta 2).
The only exception I could see to this would be Shenmue III, as SEGA have no involvement with that at all as far as I can tell.