The "RadioSEGA needs THIS song!" topic

Have something to say, or having any issues? Let us know...
INeedFruit
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by INeedFruit »

The Data-Discs records are vinyl prints of the original soundtracks, which we do have on the playlist. Go give them a search!
Host of ClubSEGA - A show about the arcade scene and SEGA arcade games.
Wednesday at 8pm UK/WET - 9pm CEST- 3pm EST - 12pm PST
Mikurotoro92
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Mikurotoro92 »

i need fruit wrote:The Data-Discs records are vinyl prints of the original soundtracks, which we do have on the playlist. Go give them a search!
I couldn't find them I looked under the letter "D"!

Am I looking in the right place?
Antronach
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Antronach »

I tried looking for the outrun remasters, but couldn't find any. :/
Mikurotoro92
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Mikurotoro92 »

Wait I think he's saying that the original versions of the soundtracks are on the playlist but NOT the remastered versions
Spectrum
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Spectrum »

i need fruit wrote:The Data-Discs records are vinyl prints of the original soundtracks, which we do have on the playlist. Go give them a search!
What I mean is the ripped copy of the vinyl remasters. They are officially sega product as well and should be ok to use. I noticed quite a difference in remastered quality. I have a record player that rips mp3s if you want a copy of the songs sent in to put up.

- - - Updated - - -

That is correct, the remastered versions.
Spectrum
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Spectrum »

If you need data disc remastered mp3s let me know
Antronach
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Antronach »

You're missing the soundtrack for Monkey Ball, the arcade game. There's also the Sonic Heroes beta soundtracks that sound notably different. I have them if you need them.
Jackisback
Level 5
Level 5

Post by Jackisback »

Would it be okay to have the OST for sonic before the sequel or after the sequel
Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Gavvie »

Before the Sequel and After the Sequel aren't official SEGA games, so whilst hosts might play tracks from them during RadioSEGA LiVE Shows, they're not eligible for inclusion on the Playlist.

Regarding the Data Discs series - I had heard that the remasters that they've released have been taken from the original masters where possible, so in some instances they'll likely sound better than what we've got currently. I'll put it forward to the other staff and see where we go - if there's not a lot of difference than what we've got, then we probably won't bother.
Jamie64326
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Jamie64326 »

Gavvie wrote:Before the Sequel and After the Sequel aren't official SEGA games, so whilst hosts might play tracks from them during RadioSEGA LiVE Shows, they're not eligible for inclusion on the Playlist.
Gavvie I can understand the reason behind not wanting to put those on the playlist, but we've got unofficial stuff on the playlist already. Look at Streets of Rage Remake. That's not an official remake and it's on here.