Your top 5 games of all time

Non-SEGA? Shove your general gaming posts in here...
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Quills on Wheels »

I won't do mine yet, because I haven't played Sonic Adventure 2: Battle yet and since people say it's such a good game I first have to do that and sine I only need a GC controller and Memory card, I believe it won't take long for me to play it.
Gonic
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Gonic »

crippenstation wrote: I'm not arguing with you, I agree with you! Problem is the first game had the worst camera I ever dealt with, so I stopped playing. Fortunately, I've watched all of the cutscenes from KH & KH re:CoM on YouTube so I can pick up KH2 and not be lost in storyline.
Play re:coded and the camera in KH1 will seem normal lol. It's nice to see other people enjoy the games to, I actually find the story quite simple to follow
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Kingdom Hearts is a bit of an odd series. KH was amazing and an interesting mix of Japanese RPGs and Disney, KH2 was KH for babies and even the hardest setting was too easy, CoM and 365/2 were plain awful and BbS is the best game in the series and one of the best games on PSP. That said as the series gets longer and longer the story gets more retarded and convoluted. What was wrong with just having planets and evil people stealing hearts? Now there's inception layers of bollocks, random terrible organizations and every one is either Sora or Xehanort.
Cobra!
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Cobra! »

My top 5:

5. Fighters Megamix [Saturn] - The best fighting game ever, it's basically a sega smash brothers, but since it came out before, shouldn't we really be calling Super Smash Bros a Nintendo Fighters Megamix? Anyway, it's has many sega characters from differant sega franchises, for example, Bark and Bean from Sonic the Fighters, Janet from Virtua Cop, and, believe it or not, Hornet from Daytona USA!

4. Goldeneye 007 [Nintendo 64] - I can't have a list without this game, it was very revolutionary for it's time, the singleplayer was addicting, it was so much fun just shooting bad guys, but the best feature of this game is the multiplayer, it was awesome! Me and my cousins used to play this all the time, we still do actually!

3. Klonoa: Door to Phantomile [Playstation] - Despite being short-lived, only having 13 levels, it's still a brilliant game, it's very challenging, it took me a month to complete the game the first time, and for 13 levels, that's pretty long. The music is terrific as well.

2. Shenmue 2 [Dreamcast] - An awesome sequal to an awesome game, although you can't do as much in this game, it focuses more on the story I think, and plus it has Outrun and Afterburner arcades, do you really need anything else? Anyway, the story does just as good of a job if not better than the first game, it sucks me into the experience, and I keep playing the game to see what unfolds.

1. Shenmue [Dreamcast] - I absolutely love this game, there's so much you can do, buy capsule toys, played some arcade games, and of course your main objective, of investigating the murder of Ryos father. The plot and story is brilliant are my opinion, it kept me playing it just to see how the story unfolds, the graphics were amazing for the time too.
Don't you EVER forget the "!" in "Cobra!"! Unless you're refering me as "Cobradabest".
Matty
Level 14
Level 14

Post by Matty »

Top 5 is too hard... but I'll try.....

In no particular order

5.Final Fantasy X (PS2): One of my all time favourites, the only reason why is because its the first FF i ever played, and as much as i hate the goofball Tidus, the story was interesting, and allowed for some exploration (unlike a recent FF *rolls eyes*) and the graphics and sound blew me away

4. Spyro The Dragon (PS1): Wow, who hasn't played Spyro? One of the first 3d platofrmers i played... and i loved it <3, The camera can be a pain in the arse but once you get over that the gameplay is just amazing

3. Sonic 3 & Knuckles (Mega Drive): THE MUSIC!!!! *Jizzes pants* One of my all time favourite Sonic games, yes its not one game but two, but it was supposed to be one game originally so it can count :P

2. Grand Theft Auto: Vice City (PS2): This game really improved upon what GTA 3 had given us, a larger selection of cars, the visuals were brilliant for the time and the sheer amount of missions :o took me ages to get 100%, and it was worth it just for the t-shirt xD... also the music again <3, I was born 10 years too late :(

1. Fallout 3 (PS3/PC): My mind = blown, this game is huuuuugggeee, the 1st hour is terrible but if you get through that then your in for a great ride, the story is kinda short & meh but the side quests & exploration are never ending, plus add the DLC on & you have another game or 2 worth of content there

edit: Also huuge props to Quackshot, Fantasia and Talespin (Mega Drive) Absolutely loved those games as a little kid and still hold them in high regard.
Schezo
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Schezo »

Matty wrote:Also huuge props to Quackshot, Fantasia and Talespin (Mega Drive) Absolutely loved those games as a little kid and still hold them in high regard.
Each to their own I guess but in my book, both Fantasia and Talespin were some of the worst Disney games on the MD. Quackshot was solid though.
Matty
Level 14
Level 14

Post by Matty »

Schezo wrote:Each to their own I guess but in my book, both Fantasia and Talespin were some of the worst Disney games on the MD. Quackshot was solid though.
Not so much the gameplay, but the music & now the nostalgia when i look back at them

Also I will agree that KH1 camera is terrible, even on manual mode, the 358/2 one was bad but Re:Coded's is a lot better, KH2 though is the best of the lot.
Gonic
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Gonic »

Re:Coded camera was horrible :( I personally think 358/2 was alot better