Duke Nukem Forever!

Non-SEGA? Shove your general gaming posts in here...
Gonic
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Gonic »

Hah ^ 'So is it any good Duke?' 'After 12 f***ing years it better be'
Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Gavvie »

I think Gearbox have approached this as if it was an FPS released in the mid 90s, so it's going to be nothing but mindless, profanity-laden shooty fun.

It's just...I can't help but shake the feeling that pigs are flying and Hell has indeed frozen over. Duke Nukem Forever, given a concrete release date for the first time EVER. My God...
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Gavvie wrote:I think Gearbox have approached this as if it was an FPS released in the mid 90s, so it's going to be nothing but mindless, profanity-laden shooty fun.
With 2 weapon limit yaaaaaay
zagoyoda
Level 1
Level 1

Post by zagoyoda »

First day purchase to me ! Hail to the king baby !
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Quills on Wheels »

The trailer doesn't actually lood that bad! :) It is very nice looking and there is that sense of humor in it too.
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

So the demo is available to people who pre-ordered it or got Borderlands GotY edition. Anyway suffice to say I no longer have it pre-ordered.

2 weapon limit, atrocious framerate problems, kinda crappy graphics, unfunny jokes, awful field of view, appalling driving sections.

All I can hope is that the demo build was of a really early version, but I'm not going to hold my breath and will wait until I can get it cheap.

edit: I forgot the load times! They're also really bad with no indication of how much longer it has.
Rayne
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Rayne »

There's a rumour flying around that Gearbox pooped out Forever because that was the condition of getting the Duke Nukem IP and that their Duke Nukem interpretation is actually much more awesome and will be released later.

Seems like a flimsy excuse to me
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

I'm trying to not be too hard on Gearbox for this shitheap. They basically just finished off what they were given and wanted to stick to 3DRealms original vision and design choices, and well, y'know, 3DRealms.

If Gearbox do decide to do their own Duke it will probably be a much better game, still won't be funny though. Would rather them finish off Colonial Marine then get started on Borderlands 2 before they waste their time with another Duke.
Rayne
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Rayne »

Truth be told I've never liked Duke Nukem, it's crass, OTT and totally unfunny.
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

3D was funny when it came out, and by that I mean the age most people who played it were at found that sort of thing funny.