SEGA Retrospective

Strictly SEGA related discussion.
Titans Creed
Level 4
Level 4

SEGA Retrospective

Post by Titans Creed »

Over on The Escapist this week they seem to have done a SEGA Retrospective.

There are a few articles worth reading, I for one am delving currently into the Shining Force article.
Tru
Level 14
Level 14

Post by Tru »

Wow, thanks for posting that. I read the article about Shining Force 3, obviously.

I actually own a physical copy of Scenario 3 and I've got the English translated version of Scenario 2, which I am amazed even exists. I'm not a member of Shining Force Central, but I have visited them a lot over the years, and there is no question that they're immensely dedicated to the series. To be honest, I did somewhat dismiss their newer campaign as a pipe dream, but this article makes me realise just how much effort they've really put in.

And it is such a shame that Sega lost Camelot. The more recent Shining games don't have the same soul, only Shining Force and The Holy Ark were the best ones in my opinion, and I love the Golden Sun series, as they're just so familiar.

I don't see them ever getting back together, but maybe Sega could try a proper Shining Force one day :/
Retrix
Level 9
Level 9

Post by Retrix »

Thanks Project Phoenix, I'll be keeping my eye out for their further articles this week. I noticed so far there's an article up on Seaman and one on the writer's experiences of the Genesis/MD.

I did the Sega quiz they put up and got 10/10, with two educated guesses. Probably not that hard for many RS folk, but the uninitiated wouldn't know, for example, which martial artist punished people for not playing the Sega Saturn!
There was an echidna from Vegas
Whose hairstyle was totally outrageous
When asked by the cops
Why the dreadlocks
He told them the idea was Sega's

​— The Typing of the Dead
Matty
Level 14
Level 14

Post by Matty »

How could you not know of Segata

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=joNwYPdEBTc - His own song :P
Tru
Level 14
Level 14

Post by Tru »

Retrix wrote:I did the Sega quiz they put up and got 10/10, with two educated guesses. Probably not that hard for many RS folk, but the uninitiated wouldn't know, for example, which martial artist punished people for not playing the Sega Saturn!
Ahaha I had to do that quiz :biggrin: It was pretty easy except I got the Toejam and Earl question wrong. Well, it's been years since I played it >_>
Retrix
Level 9
Level 9

Post by Retrix »

Just in case there was a misunderstanding, I most certainly have heard Segata Sanshiro, but it is an example of something only Sega fans are likely to have heard of. The questions I guessed were on ToeJam & Earl and Phantasy Star Online.
There was an echidna from Vegas
Whose hairstyle was totally outrageous
When asked by the cops
Why the dreadlocks
He told them the idea was Sega's

​— The Typing of the Dead
Titans Creed
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Titans Creed »

For those of you who want to know some more of the small details, over on The Escapist, they have done a SEGA Timeline, which includes some small tidbits I didn't know about.